Problem with download firmware with Test tool 12, Device usb-kw24d512

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with download firmware with Test tool 12, Device usb-kw24d512

danielvega
Contributor I

hi, i am using Kinetis KW24D512 and i have a problem.When i am going to download firmware to my device for J-link in Test tool 12,it shows an error: Could not communicate j-link, All is good connected and i know how fix this error. I need help please.Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

I just tested it and worked without problems. It might be due to an old J-link firmware. Please download the latest J-link software from Segger’s website and try again. You should not have any problems at all.

Link: https://www.segger.com/jlink-software.html

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

danielvega
Contributor I

Hi AngelC,

I just test it and follow the same problem, I have installed the latest J-link and when i am goint to download firmware in my board  the Test Tool 12 follows show me this message : Error: Could not communicate with J-Link.Closing connection. How i can download firmware in my board usb-kw24d512 with this problem?.

Thanks 

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Daniel,

Please verify the Jlink is connected with the red cable towards the pin 1 and 2 (see picture below). Also, if Jlink is properly connected and still not working, I would recommend you to use IAR IDE to flash the USB-KW24D512 board and make sure it is not locked or something similar.

20150127_102251.jpg

If IAR IDE works, then I would recommend you to uninstall and install TestTool/BeeKit from scratch making sure you install it with administrator privileges (right click-> run as administration). If the device happens to be secured/locked, please use Jlink commander utility to unlock it as described in community post: https://community.freescale.com/thread/335458.

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

danielvega
Contributor I

hello,

How i could to use IAR IDE to flash the USB-KW24D15? I need a code for flash?? Also i want to mention that in jlink-comander not appear no device connected in jtag, but is connecting physically . What can be the reason?in manager device shows virtual com for my device,but in jlink commander not appear this one. see picture :

jlinkcommander.jpg

Thanks.

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Daniel,

If JLink connections have been verified to be ok, and board is listed as a COM port indeed, then it should be detected by the Jlink. Have you tried in another computer? Normally you could flash the board using IAR too, but if Jlink commander is not finding the board, the IAR will not either.

Please create a service request through our website so we could help you further and troubleshoot any problem your board may have. We will contact you shortly.

Link: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/homepage.jsp?code=SUPPORTHOME

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

danielvega
Contributor I

hello

Thanks for all, but i would like know because my board kw24d512 isn't detected when i connected to j-link...it should appears on the screen of the j-link commander, i don't understand the reason, the drivers of j-link and kw24d512 are good installed, why it isn't detected ? :smileysad:

Thanks

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

As mentioned, this seems to be an isolated issue with your current board setting. The service request will allow us to contact you and troubleshoot the problem directly. Please enter a new SR in the mentioned URL and we will contact you shortly to continue working on this in private. If possible, please attach a photo of your setting.

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos