cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting ZigBee IEEE address with KW41Z

alejandrovelez
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a Centralized ZigBee Network and a Router gets write attributes from End Devices. I need the IEEE address of these End Devices to know where the data came from, so I use the method uint64_t ieeeAddress = ZPS_u64AplZdoLookupIeeeAddr(shortAddress) in the event handler with the argument tsZCL_CallBackEvent *psEvent that brings the Short Address. But some times I get the IEEE Address  as 0 and don't know why. Until I reset and rejoin the end device I keep receiving 0 as IEEE address. Then after reset the End Device the Router again takes the IEEE Address fine. I need to fix the issue by not restarting de Zeds again and again.

Hope you can help me, thanks.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Hope you are doing well. Are you sure that you are passing a valid shortAddress when the ZPS_u64AplZdoLookupIeeeAddr function is called?

In which handler are you calling the ZPS_u64AplZdoLookupIeeeAddr function?

Could you give more information? What example are you using?

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

alejandrovelez
Contributor III

Hi Ricardo, thanks for your help

I'm sure of the shortAddress, it works almost all the times, but for some reason (maybe after a rejoin) the ZPS_u64AplZdoLookupIeeeAddr function gives me a value of 0 for the End Device until a new reset or rejoin of the End Device, then the ZPS_u64AplZdoLookupIeeeAddr functions works fine again.

I'm using the frdmkw41z_wireless_examples_zigbee_3_0_router_freertos example. I have a ZigBee coordinator, and multiple End Devices writing custom attributes. I use the function in the APP_ZCL_cbEndpointCallback(tsZCL_CallBackEvent *psEvent) callback (app_zcl_task.c file) and the E_ZCL_CBET_WRITE_INDIVIDUAL_ATTRIBUTE event.I get the short address this way:

uint16_t shortAddress = psEvent->pZPSevent->uEvent.sApsDataIndEvent.uSrcAddress.u16Addr;

shortAddress has correct value at this point when the problem occurs, but ZPS_u64AplZdoLookupIeeeAddr gives always zero only for that End Device. Again, after the reset of the end device with the problem, the function works correctly, I wonder if some table updates in the Router, I don't know. But in the application I can restart the end devices every time the problem occurs. I tried using the vFbSendIeeeAddrReq function, but doesn't work either.

Thanks for your time

0 Kudos