Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll control Cluster

Jump to solution
kostas1
Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to ask a question regarding to the poll control cluster. 

After binding the poll control cluster 0x0020 of my End device which uses the JN5169, the end device sends to the coordinator a check in command. However, the response i get from the coordinator is the following:

Status code:[0xC3] Unsupported Cluster.

I have programmed my coordinator with the JN-AN-1216-Zigbee-3-0-IoT-ControlBridge and i am using the ZGWUI.

Does the JN-AN-1216 coordinator support the poll control cluster? I could not find anything associate to poll control in the zcl_options.h file of JN-AN-1216 .

Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kostas,

It will depend on the values that you have previously set. Please look at the different scenarios, the Zigbee Cluster Libary Spec details.

If the Poll Control Server receives a Check-In Response from a client for which there is no binding (unbound),
it SHOULD respond with a Default Response with a status value indicating ACTION_DENIED.

If the Poll Control Server receives a Check-In Response from a client for which there is a binding (bound)
with an invalid fast poll interval, it SHOULD respond with a Default Response with status INVALID_
VALUE.

If the Poll Control Server receives a Check-In Response from a bound client after temporary fast poll mode is
completed it SHOULD respond with a Default Response with a status value indicating TIMEOUT.
In all of the above cases, the Server SHALL respond with a Default Response not equal to ZCL_SUCCESS

Please look at the 3.16.5.3.1.2 Fast Poll Timeout

Regards,

Mario

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kostas,

By default, the JN-AN-1216 doesn't have the Poll Control Cluster.

You could add the Cluster following the chapter 20.10 Compile-Time Options 

ZigBee Cluster Library (for ZigBee 3.0) User Guide

Also, please look at the  ZigBee 3.0: Adding Clusters

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos
kostas1
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

I would like to ask you a general question regarding to the poll control cluster.

Assuming that the poll control cluster is not bind to a parent and when the check in interval expires (for example after 1 hour) does the end device need to enter into a fast polling mode for 7.68 seconds? or  does the End device should enter the 7.68 seconds fast polling time when its poll control cluster is bound?

Thank you. 

Kind Regards,
Kostas 

0 Kudos
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kostas,

It will depend on the values that you have previously set. Please look at the different scenarios, the Zigbee Cluster Libary Spec details.

If the Poll Control Server receives a Check-In Response from a client for which there is no binding (unbound),
it SHOULD respond with a Default Response with a status value indicating ACTION_DENIED.

If the Poll Control Server receives a Check-In Response from a client for which there is a binding (bound)
with an invalid fast poll interval, it SHOULD respond with a Default Response with status INVALID_
VALUE.

If the Poll Control Server receives a Check-In Response from a bound client after temporary fast poll mode is
completed it SHOULD respond with a Default Response with a status value indicating TIMEOUT.
In all of the above cases, the Server SHALL respond with a Default Response not equal to ZCL_SUCCESS

Please look at the 3.16.5.3.1.2 Fast Poll Timeout

Regards,

Mario