次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Out Of Band Commissioning in Thread FRDM KW41Z

1,212件の閲覧回数
kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi All,

I want to use Out of Band Commissioning for NXP's Thread based FRDM KW41Z. I have followed the application guide and able to use the hybrid example (BLE + REED) as OOB method.

Currently, I am using the only master-key for OOB method. However, I would also like to use xpanID and network name for making the process more secure.

I went through the code and found "APP_OutOfBandSelectNwkWithBeaconCb" API for user to write required logic for the same. But, I don't know how to use this API and register the same to be called by thread stack.

Can anyone please help me on how to add xpanID and network key for OOB??

FRDM version:

a) BLE HOST v1.2.6
b) IEEE 802.15.4 MAC v5.3.6
c) NXP Thread v1.1.1.20
d) CONNECTIVITY FRAMEWORK v5.3.6

e) Thread SDK: SDK_2.2.0_FRDM-KW41Z_LINUX

Regards,

Kunal

ラベル(2)
0 件の賞賛
5 返答(返信)

990件の閲覧回数
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Could you please let me know which application note it's the one you are following and referring to? 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 件の賞賛

990件の閲覧回数
kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

I am referring to "Kinetis Thread Stack Application Developer's Guide.pdf", section "4.3.5.3 Out-of-band commissioning network selection callback".

I am only setting the master-key in hybrid end device application and then able to join the network. According to my understanding, to join the network using the OOB method, we need to give master-key, extended pan id, and network name. Can you help me with how to enable all these parameters in order to join the network with host??

Thanks,

Kunal

0 件の賞賛

990件の閲覧回数
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

I have been checking for a more detailed guide on how to achieve it and I believe this video makes just what you are trying to do 

Kinetis KW41Z + Thread - Using Bluetooth Low Energy with Thread - Part 9 | NXP  

Could you please check it and help me confirm? 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 件の賞賛

990件の閲覧回数
kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the video. However, I am not looking for how to run BLE + Thread hybrid application. I want to use OOB commissioning. I want to make the method more secure by providing extended pan, master-key and network name, instead of only providing master-key.

Thanks,

Kunal

0 件の賞賛

990件の閲覧回数
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

In the same way, you are passing the master-key in the demo you will need to pass/limit the rest of the information you wish. 

The only thing that you will need to consider it's that the thread application (cellphone app), might not work correctly as it won't know how to take that new information. 

Regards, 
Estephania 

0 件の賞賛