キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

OM15080-K32W out of box capabilities

730件の閲覧回数
cwpox
Contributor I

OM15080-K32W supposed to come preloaded with some firmware. I am trying to figure out if I have a broken dongle or set up problem. I don't see any traffic recorded when I use the dongle as a sniffer. If I use the NXP Test Tool 1.2 and issue any command to the dongle, there is no response. Is that expected? I though there would be at least some communication with the host through USB, but other then blinking red and green LEDs, the dongle is not responding to anything. Do I have to load new firmware to be able to do anything? At this point, all I am trying to do is to verify hardware and setup.

Thanks

0 件の賞賛
3 返答(返信)

679件の閲覧回数
cwpox
Contributor I

Thank you both for responding. I tried to uses the dongle as a BLE sniffer, but in the Protocol Analyzer Adapter window, the option to select any BLE channels is greyed out. That's what led to to checking if I have an issue with the dongle or set up. How do I capture BLE traffic? Don't I need to be able to enable the "BLE Filter"?

Screenshot 2022-09-23 121437.png

Thank you

0 件の賞賛

690件の閲覧回数
charlieice
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks David! @cwpox please let us know if this doesn't solve your issue. Also, if you're interested in using a module for your design we have several module partners who offer K32W0 modules. 

0 件の賞賛

700件の閲覧回数
david_han
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi,

The OM18050 K32W061 USB dongle should come with preprogrammed with a Zigbee® and Bluetooth™ Smart® sniffer application, which can be tested by using Kinetis Protocol Analyzer Adapter (inside Test tool) and Wireshark. But it cannot be used for other purpose.

If you want to verify the HW/SW with this USB dongle, you need to program proper firmware into the chip. Since it is a USB dongle, you can refer JN-UG-3127 DK6 Production Flash Programmer User Guide to do it in ISP mode. The JN-SW-4407 DK6 Production Flash Programmer v4564.exe is part of K32W061 SDK, which can be available from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome by build SDK for K32W061DK6 board. JN-UG-3127 DK6 Production Flash Programmer User Guide is also part of the document package with the SDK. 

For example, if you want to evaluate basic 802.15.4 RF/HW performance, you can try program firmware of Customer Module Evaluation Tool https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=JN-AN-1242 into the chip and run some tests.

Best regards,

David Han

0 件の賞賛