cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM15080-K32W USB Dongle Problem

domenico_virgil
Contributor II

Good morning.

A few days ago I bought an OM15080-K32W USB Dongle.

However, I didn't understand how to use it. In the guide it says that it comes with a ZigBee/Bluetooth Sniffer, but there is no guide or sample demo to understand how to use it. Furthermore, since I want to modify the firmware and reprogram it to use it as a development board, I downloaded the SDK for the K32W061 mcu from MCU Xpresso Builder. However, in the SDK, there is no sample firmware for the OM15080-K32W dongle and I have no idea how to program it and which SDK to use.

Can you help me? Thanks in advance.

15 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

premranjan
Contributor I

Hi @mario_castaneda 
I'm also working with the dongle OM15080-K32W. After going through the documents and this conversation I'm able to build and load firmware on the dongle. I also have created Zigbee network using "coordinator" and connected another dongle as "End Device". However I'm unable to send and custom text/data from coordinator. even the preset command "toggle" is throwing error code 15 (E_ZCL_ERR_ATTRIBUTE_RO). attached is the error screenshot.
How shall I proceed? My end need is to have wireless communication among zigbee devices with any "chat" like feature.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ryota,

Could you please program the MCU with the FSCI Black Box example?

K32W061DK6\boards\k32w061dk6\wireless_examples\bluetooth\ble_fscibb

mario_castaneda_0-1615229553793.png

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

Ryota
Contributor II

Hi @mario_castaneda ,

Thank you for your help.

I could use QTool with FSCI Black Box example.

Thanks,

Ryota

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ryota,

Sure, please look at the next link QN9090. You could work with the same QTool for testing purposes.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

Ryota
Contributor II

Hi Mario

I tried QTool with OM15080-K32W.

But no device is detected at list.

I just used "nxp\Connectivity QTool\bin files\firmware.bin"

Are there any special firmware to use it.

Thanks,

Ryota

0 Kudos

Ryota
Contributor II

Is Connectivity QTool available on the OM15080-K32W?
In that case, please let me know if there are any manuals with procedures.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @domenico_virgil,

My main goal is to use the dongle as a Bluetooth Low Energy test device.

It is possible, you could look at the HCI Black Box, FSCI examples. The dongle will be waiting for the commands using the Test tool. 

Test Tool for Connectivity Products 

You could use a test device. For example. https://community.nxp.com/t5/Wireless-Connectivity-Knowledge/BLE-HCI-Black-Box-Quick-Start-Guide/ta-....

Please accept my apologies, the QN9090 is not supported for the KPAA. The devices supported for Bluetooth LE are USB-KW38, USB-KW41

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

domenico_virgil
Contributor II

Thank you for the help.

I'll try with the tool.

Best regards

domenico_virgil
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

I followed the guides you provided, however I still haven't found what I'm looking for. My main goal is to use the dongle as a Bluetooth Low Energy test device. However I have not found any example or any firmware related to bluetooth, just Zigbee software that I don't need.
I also tried using Kinetis Protocol Analyzer KPAA with Wireshark, but it only works in 802.15.4 radio mode and not bluetooth. It does not allow me to select any channel for the bluetooth adv. You have a solution for that?

Where can I find examples of firmware that use Bluetooth Low Energy and are compatible with the dongle?

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @domenico_virgil,

I hope you are doing great.

We provide different examples, the one that we provide in our SDK or the Application notes for the Zigbee applications. Pleae look at the document JN-AN-1260 for a better reference.

You are working with the USB Dongle, it doesn't include a way to enter into debug mode, so you have to flash the device using our tool.

You can find the tool in the SDK that you downloaded. You could install the SW.

"\JN5189DK6\tools\JN-SW-4407-DK6-Flash-Programmer\JN-SW-4407 DK6 Production Flash Programmer v2282.exe"

You will find the commands in the next document

"\JN5189_SDKs\Version_2.6.2\JN5189DK6\docs\DK6-UG-3127-Production-Flash-Programmer.pdf"

For the sniffer process, please look at the next link, the get software section. You will download the Wireshark and the Kinetis Protocol Analyzer  KPAA software.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

domenico_virgil
Contributor II

Thank you so much.

I'll try the proposed solutions in the answer and follow the guidelines.

I'll keep you updated!

ad436
Contributor I

Hi. How are you? My name is Ammar,

I also got same dongle  and i need to flash it. have you already tried DK6- flash programmer? if yes would you please share your experience? and I'm also looking an example for UART for the same. if you know anything please let me know.

Kind regards,

Ammar

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ammar,

I hope you are doing great.

The tool works as expected, you could look at the UART examples that we provide in our SDK and program the bin files.

Please let us know if you have any questions or issue with the dongle.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

ad436
Contributor I

Hi, Thanks for your response.

As I already said, I have OM15080-K32W dongle. Now to flash the micro-controller DK6 Flash Programmer required. But I am working on Linux system and DK6 Flash programmer is suitable for windows. Do we have any solution for this? Are there any Flash programmer which would be suitable for both Linux and dongle? Or is there a way to use DK6 Flash Programmer with Linux Os?

Best Regards,

Ammar Dodiya

0 Kudos