cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OL2385 carrier frequencies and packet formats

dudelsound
Contributor I

Hi

I have two questions regarding the capabilities of the OL2385 I did not find in the datasheet (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/OL2385.pdf

1. In the product overview it says, the chip is capable of "covering full range of frequency bands from 160 up to 960 MHz" while in the datsheet in 10.3. some frequency ranges are missing. Can I tune to any frequency between 160 and 960MHz or just to the ranges listed in 10.3 Table 8? I need frequencies between 470-860MHz...
  2. I want to receive a continuous stream of 150kSym/s NRZ 4GFSK symbols without gaps or breaks for the packet engine, does the chip support that? (I would also be OK with decoding the FSK symbols myself if that is supported in the onboard controller or if the FM signal can be routed to a DAC or something)

regards

dudelsound

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Markus, I hope you're doing well!

1. The ranges of frequencies described in table 8 of the OL2385's Datasheet refer to the bands that are operable by this device, and the usual minimum and maximum frequency which may be used from each band. These frequencies will depend on the variant and territory, according to local regulations.
  2. The OL2385 supports operation up to 400 kbit/s 4FSK for high data rate applications.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos