cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not given options in Protocol Analzer Adapter window

Jump to solution
shellpry2
Contributor II

I'm trying to grab a BLE connection and follow it through adv to disconnect. I'm using a demo code set. The device is displaying correctly in the IoT Toolbox app on my phone too. I'm using a NXP sniffer and the Protocol Analyzer.

My issue is that I'm not given BLE options or an options other than to click on the channel. The analyzer sees my sniffer (Com6 JN5189/K32W) and connects through to my wireshark via the local area connection. But nothing is showing on the wireshark capture. If I use different sniffer, I'm able to see traffic. But I can't seem to get anything going with the NXP Protocol Analyzer and sniffer.

What am I missing?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @shellpry2,

The USB that you have supports Bluetooth LE using the examples that we provide, You could use the device as a master or slave depending on your application.

But the device doesn't support the sniffer protocol because it is not enabled as a promiscuous mode for the Bluetooth LE protocol.

What is the issue that you are facing on? Are you trying to connect to a different device?

Regads,

Mario

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @shellpry2,

I looked at the image that you shared. Unfortunately, that device doesn't support the BLE Sniffer.

I could recommend the USB KW41/KW36 or KW38 USB-KW41 Bluetooth LE Sniffer Application Update

The JN5189 and K32W are recommended for the 802.15.4 communication.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos
shellpry2
Contributor II

The usb dongle and the K32W I'm using both came from the IOTZTB-DK006. It specifically calls out Zigbee, Thread, and BLE as being usable.

https://www.nxp.com/products/wireless/multiprotocol-mcus/advanced-development-kit-for-k32w061-and-jn...

https://www.nxp.com/products/wireless/multiprotocol-mcus/k32w-usb-dongle-for-bluetooth-le-zigbee-and...

The dongle in the kit is listed as the OM15080-K32W for BLE, Zigbee, and Thread. But it sounds like you are saying it doesn't support BLE? Did I read that correctly?

0 Kudos
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @shellpry2,

The USB that you have supports Bluetooth LE using the examples that we provide, You could use the device as a master or slave depending on your application.

But the device doesn't support the sniffer protocol because it is not enabled as a promiscuous mode for the Bluetooth LE protocol.

What is the issue that you are facing on? Are you trying to connect to a different device?

Regads,

Mario

0 Kudos
shellpry2
Contributor II

I was just looking to sniff a connection between the K32W and my mobile device. Looks like I need to get a sniffer. Thanks!