Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to load two SDK's in MCUXpresso IDE

Jump to solution
vishnubeema
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using KW41Z chipset.

I am trying to load two SDK’s in MCXpresso IDE.

Already I loaded SDK “SDK_2.2_MKW41Z512xxx4” and its working fine with MCUXpresso IDE (Version MCUXpressoIDE_10.0.2_411). Now I want to load one more SDK with different examples. Both SDKs are meant for same KW41Z chipset but with different example codes.

1. As shown below, I drag and drop SDK 2 on top of already installed SDK 1.

1.jpg.png

2. Now I am getting “Installed SDKs ‘SDK_2x_FRDM-KW41z_(2.2.0) already added as ‘folder’” as warning.

2.jpg.png

3. Second SDK is copied properly into the path.

C:\Users\e329175\mcuxpresso\SDKPackages

For my tracking I renamed SDK folder names after unzipping and then dragged to IDE.

3.jpg.png

4. But the issue is, I am not able to see the example code from SDK 2.

4.jpg.png

How to install two SDK's into IDE.

Thanks & Regards

Vishnu Beema

1 Solution
gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vishnu Beema,

I believe you can also change the board name in the manifest file, but I'm not sure if that could cause issues while importing projects. Additionally, you can also distinguish the boards with the Tooltip that appears when the cursor hovers over the board.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Gerardo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Vishnu Beema,

Both of your SDK packages have the same ID defined in their manifest file, so MCUXpresso IDE can't distinguish between them.

A quick fix can be made by modifying the manifest file located in <SDK_package>\MKW41Z512xxx4_manifest.xml. 

1. Open the manifest file with a text editor and modify the "id" name in line 2:

id="SDK_2.x_MKW41Z512xxx4_test"

2. Delete the previously duplicated SDK package and re-import the modified SDK package.

Now you should see both packages installed and in the import wizard you will now have two configurations for the frdmkw41z. You can distinguish them by looking at the "SDKs for selected MCU" section in the bottom right of the SDK Import Wizard window.

Let me know if this helps you.

Regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos
vishnubeema
Contributor III

Hello Gerardo,

Thank you for your inputs. It worked for me.

I need your inputs further. How to distinguish between two SDKs in below window. 

As shown below I am able to see the difference in SDK names at "SDKs for selected MCU" but not in "Available boards".

pastedImage_1.jpg

Thanks & Regards

Vishnu Beema

0 Kudos
gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vishnu Beema,

I believe you can also change the board name in the manifest file, but I'm not sure if that could cause issues while importing projects. Additionally, you can also distinguish the boards with the Tooltip that appears when the cursor hovers over the board.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos
vishnubeema
Contributor III

Hello Gerardo,

Thank you for your inputs. This is good enough.

Thanks & Regards

Vishnu Beema