Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to compile KW41Z example code with latest SDK

Jump to solution
vishnubeema
Contributor III

Hello,

I am facing issues with latest KW41Z SDK. Please let me know your inputs. I was going through below link for installation.

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-based-processors-and-mcus/kinetis-c...

I am facing issues in compiling example code. Below are my queries and steps followed.

1. As per video IDE is of version “MCUXpressoIDE_0.0_344.exe”. But when I download, it is of “MCUXpressoIDE_10.1.0_589.exe” version.

2. In “3. Build, Run” tab, as part of building, below is snapshot from Video.

1.jpg

But in my tool it is shown as below. I changed to UART. Are these settings are fine ??

I am using ieee_802_15_4 -> mwa_coordinator (with freertos option).

2.jpg

3. I unchecked “Include semihost HardFault handler”. Is this fine ??

3.jpg 

Whereas in video this option is not present.

4.jpg

4. If I build, I am getting compiler errors.

5.jpg

5. I am not sure why these errors are coming (In few cases, include files are not included. These include files are under compile time macros. But why these macros are enabled by default). Even if I change compiler, from “Compiler default” to “-std=gnu99” still I am getting same errors. Are there any settings to be changed in latest IDE so that macros are enabled ??

6.jpg

Thanks & Regards

Vishnu Beema

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, that's right. So select the project you're interested in, and then select at least one other project. 

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
michaellundberg
Contributor II

I saw this issue in MCUXpressoIDE_10.1.0_589.  The workaround (2 projects) fixed it.

I then downloaded MCUXpressoIDE_10.1.1_606.  With that build, i could load a single project, and it would build.

Should mention that in both cases, I had to resolve a problem with the HardFault_Handler.  Either had to add the flag (mentioned in the code) "__SEMIHOST_HARDFAULT_DISABLE" to the build, or comment out the handler code in debug_log.c .

Thanks!

0 Kudos
vishnubeema
Contributor III

Hello Michael,

Thank you for updates. To avoid stability issues, I am using MCUXpressoIDE_10.0.2_411.exe version.

Can you please give more details on the issue your mentioned. Is this even in 10.0.2_411 version.

Thanks & Regards

Vishnu Beema

0 Kudos
vishnubeema
Contributor III

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for confirmation about the issue.

Can you please give more details on "import 2 or more projects at the same time". Do you mean importing more than one example from SDK.

- Vishnu Beema

0 Kudos
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, that's right. So select the project you're interested in, and then select at least one other project. 

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
vishnubeema
Contributor III

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for your inputs.

Thanks & Regards

Vishnu Beema

0 Kudos
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vishnu,

There's a bug in the 10.1 MCUXpresso IDE release when importing connectivity projects. The work-around is to important 2 (or more) projects at the same time. Then the project settings will be imported correctly, and the project will compile.

This will be fixed in the next release of MCUXpresso IDE. 

-Anthony 

0 Kudos