Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network restore after reset on 802.15.4

Jump to solution
alexstefan
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using SDK2.2.0 on MKW41Z. With the 802.15.4 examples in the SDK, a new network is created by the coordinator after every reset. Similarly, an end device always scans for all the networks in range after power-up. 

Is it possible to ensure that the coordinator keeps the same network details following a reset (PAN ID, channel etc)? That would allow me to store the network details in each end device and resume the connection to the same coordinator following a reset.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexandru, I hope you're doing well!

If you're using the MWA 802.15.4 examples, you can change the definitions in the mwa_coordinator.h header file inside the source folder.

To change the selectable channel for the network, you can change the mDefaultValueOfChannel_c definition to select between the available channels, mDefaultValueOfShortAddress_c can be used to change the coordinator's short address, and mDefaultValueOfPanId_c can be used to change the default panId.

Best regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexandru, I hope you're doing well!

If you're using the MWA 802.15.4 examples, you can change the definitions in the mwa_coordinator.h header file inside the source folder.

To change the selectable channel for the network, you can change the mDefaultValueOfChannel_c definition to select between the available channels, mDefaultValueOfShortAddress_c can be used to change the coordinator's short address, and mDefaultValueOfPanId_c can be used to change the default panId.

Best regards,

Sebastian