cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP drone telemetry connection not working

Alex18
Contributor I

Hi,

I was trying to boot the NXP drone following the tutorial this week but I met an issue with the QGroundControl. The QGC can automatically detect the drone via USB but not the telemetry radio. I tried many methods but still no luck yet.

What I’ve done:

1. Reinstall the QGC software
  2. Reupdate the telemetry radio firmware
  3. Change the telemetry radio hardware.

The green lights of both telemetry radios are steady green so there should be a stable link between them but it still didn’t work. So I write to you to see if you have any idea about how to solve the issue.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Hope you are doing well. Have you tried this yet? Connection problems · QGroundControl User Guide

This could help to debug the problem.

If you have any question please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

Alex18
Contributor I

Yes, I tried the troubleshooting before but no new device was detected in the console. the troubleshooting page said it should be the hardware issue but I also tried 4 different telemetry radios so I guess the radio module should be fine. could it be the connection issue between the radio and the FMU?

and one thing that comes to my mind that on the telemetry radio manual page they said there are 2 LEDs on the module: green indicates the connection status between two radio modules and red(which is actually orange) flashing indicates data transferring. but I noticed that the radio module on the PC side has 3 LEDs and there is a real red led next to the green one is blinking. I'm not sure what's the meaning of that and could that be the reason?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Austin007
Contributor I

Hey, I am currently having the same problem that you had. Were you able to fix it and if so how?

0 Kudos