cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP connectivity test tool self-shutdown

bhongtip
Contributor I

NXP Connectivity Test Tool Self-shutdown

I would like to use NXP connectivity test tool with FRDM-KW36 development board. When I execute test tool, the program window appear for a few seconds and self-shutdown.  How can I fix this problem?

My PC OS is window 7, 32-bit.

Thank you in advance

Boonserm

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Boonsern,

What is the Test Tool Version that you have already installed?

The release notes show the System Requirements, it supports the Windows7 Version 12.9.0.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

bhongtip
Contributor I

Mario Ignacio Castaneda Lopez, I'm using Test Tool 12.9.0.7.  OS is Win7, 32 bit. (I'm not certain if 32 bit OS cause such problem. Most of my colleague who introduce Test Tool to me, use Win10, 64 bit

Best Regards,

Boonserm H.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Boonserm,

I am not sure if the 32 bit could be the root of this issue, or if you have any other firewall. However, could you please try to install a previous version? Test Tool for Connectivity Products v12.8.3.2

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

bhongtip
Contributor I

Mario Ignacio Castaneda Lopez,  I installed V12.8.3.2. It cannot fix this problem.

However, what I noticed is, without FRDM-KW36 connection, test tool window appear properly, no self-restart at all. The restart happens only when FRDM-KW36 is connected prior to executing test tool program.

The problem is, even we use this method then connect FRDM-KW36 later, test tool doesn't seem to find FRDM-KW36 we have just connected

checking driver file in these 2 computer (win7 - 32 bit and win10 - 64 bit)

the win10-64 bit is using usser.sys as USB-Serial for mbed

the win7-32 bit is using mbedSerial.sys

I don't know if this driver file cause such problem.

Best regards,

Boonserm H

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Boonserm,

What is the firmware that you have in your K20? Are you working with CMSIS DAP or JLINK?

Are you working with the MCUxpresso? if it is the case What is the MCUxpresso version that you have installed?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos