cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG 5 and PN7462 Microcontroller NFC Communication

tradeengg
Contributor I

HI,

We have the development boards PNEV7462C for PN7462 NFC Microcontroller and OM2NTP5332 & OM2NTA5332 for NTAG 5332 IC.

I want to switch ON-OFF LED connected on GPIO of OM2NTA5332, based on NFC communication from PNEV7462C.

Which common tool I can use for this tasks.

I checked cockpit for PNEV7462C and Cockpit for NTAG.. both are independent.

In case if any document is there common to both in order to communicate both boards kindly direct to same.

Kindly guide.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

tradeengg
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for the inputs.

Above you mentioned about NFC reader library for PN7462. it is for MCU expresso tool. Do you mean that I have to use MCUExpresso instead of cockpit.?

I have PNEV7462C eval board. I could connect this board to cockpit only once. I followed the steps given in UM11207..

After this, when I tried same steps, flashing 7462 for VCOM, it is not getting detected as VCOM device. Kindly Help.

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I'm sorry that this might be a little confusing, as stated in the NFC Cockpit overview, this tool is only for configuration purposes. Cockpit lets you change the configuration registers for the IC. But the library does provide the tools you will need to create your application that will perform your executing application. As you can imagine, MCUXpresso will give you full control over your IC application and you can also change your configuration registers from MCUXpresso.

Please check our NFC Reader Library examples, each example is well explained and will give you a better understanding of how every application works.
I hope this might give you a better understanding of both tools.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,

Thank you very much for your preference in using our products, we really appreciate this!

Please, in order to fully understand what will be required to implement for reading and write the session registers from the NTAG 5332 IC, please be sure to check the next document: AN11203. I will encourage you to check the full document, especially on how are the GPIO and PWM functionalities. This will provide you with the exact information on how to configure the needed registers.

On the side of the PN7462, the NFC Reader Library will give you a lot of examples that will give you a head start to build your application.

This application will read and write the session registers from the NTAG 5 and this is the principle on how you are going to build your application.

About Cockpit, this GUI will help you easily configure the registers for your application, please check UM11207. This document will explain every section for configuring the NTAG 5.

I hope this information may have been useful! Have fun!!

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos