cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC Reader IC Selection for Wireless Charging

Thomas_jjzhou
Contributor I

Hello Sir,

Here we're making a Wireless Charging application that needs to be operated with an NFC board.

We're going to apply one evaluation production for our use. Could you recommend one board to do this? I already checked PNEV512B: PN512 reader board, OM25180FDK: PN5180 NFC and NHS3100 board, but not sure which is better to use. 

All suggestions and comments welcome

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Tomas_Parizek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jaromir and Thomas, 

You can get the requested files via the NXP webpage. 

You just need to have an NXP account and go the the "Secure files" as you can see in the picture below. 

Tomas_Parizek_0-1661337530126.png

About the NXP Wireless charging, you can find a basic description under this link: https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-charging:NFC-CHARGING

As the Transmitter IC, we provide CTN730 IC. As the NFC Receiver, the CRN120 is recommended. For the power reception/regulation on the receiver side, we provide these two ICs. 

• PCA9431 - Programable LDO output 
  • PCA9430 - Linear battery charger implemented 

As I have mentioned, more information is available via the NXP webpage (secure files). 

For wireless charging, we have also a development kit available. It will be available on the NXP webpage soon.

For further information, you can contact me at my email:tomas.parizek@nxp.com

Best regards 

Tomas Parizek

Customer Application Support 

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Thomas,

Can't be of much use here, as I lack the experience to point you in the correct direction. I can say the NHS3100 board is not a good starting point for a wireless charging application. 

BR,
Dries.

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

For the detail information. Please refer to the products as the link.

URL:https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-charging:NFC-CHARGING.

Hope it help you. Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

SebestaJaromir
Contributor I

Hello,

Im also looking for wireless charging solution with posibility of comunication, we have used Ntag5, but 12mA is not enough for our application, so we have found your new product PCA943x, its possible to buy it as well, but I didnt find any documentation for? So where we could to find any datasheet for this IC? We would like to use your product because of good experiences with your ntags IC. Could you please help me to find documentation based on what I can order the parts and start development?

Thank you,

Jaromir

0 Kudos

Thomas_jjzhou
Contributor I

Hi Fangfang,

Thanks, I already checked these files. But it didn't provide an evaluation product about WLC. As I start to develop it, it could be better if you have a wireless charging board which has enough tutorial to reconfigure. 

Thanks.

Thomas

0 Kudos