Makefile Changes to SE Application Note Projects

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Makefile Changes to SE Application Note Projects

tom_jacobson
Contributor II

I'm trying to compile the Smart Energy projects that came with the SE Application Note (JN-AN-1135). However, I'm using BeyondStudio, and needed to follow the Migration Guideline document (JN-AN-1202) since these projects haven't been modified yet to work with BeyondStudio. In the Migration document, it says that cygwin is no longer installed with "the new toolchain" (I'm assuming this is BeyondStudio), and that we should use MinGW instead. My problem is that the Makefiles for each project all use cygwin, so the 'make all' command is failing before compilation even begins.

I've never used cygwin nor MinGW, so I have no idea what changes would need to be made, if any. Could someone assist me with the changes, or point me in the right direction if something else needs to be done? I can provide code if necessary. But again, it's from the Smart Energy Application Note, JN-AN-1135.

Thanks,

- Tom

Labels (1)
7 Replies

adamjacob
Contributor II

Calling the makers and experts interested in using Zigbee via NXP JN5168 modules, please join the facebook group so we can help each other:)
https://goo.gl/DeYbC6
Cheers

0 Kudos

arthurpulatov
Contributor II

I did that in a few steps.

At first you should download and install JN-SW-4041 toolchain somewhere.
After that copy the "ba-elf-ba2" folder from ...\tools\  to SMART ENERGY SDK into ...\sdk\SE\Tools\ 
compiler.jpg

Choose BA ELF GNU Toolchain in  Beyond Studio properties

toolchain.png

And dont forget to choose the SE as Target Stack

stack.png

Sure that you still have right "building settings".
(when toolchain was changed they switched into default mode on my PC)

build.png

build_behavior.png

And if everything is right you should do little changes into makefile
i will attach working makefile which sussefully builds on  Beyond Studio  
(see JN-AN-1135  PLUG_METER_NODE Makefile in attachment)

P.S.
JN-SW-4041  Toolchain is no longer need for us ,after you copy folder you can delete it.

Best regards! Arthur.

0 Kudos

anikethesamudra
Contributor II

Hello Thomas,

Beyond Studio does not work. You have to use Eclipse Ganymede instead. Use the instructions given here. Also refer to this document which is attached in this document.

You can download the Eclipse Ganymede (It may or may not work in Windows 10 OS) Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers | Packages 

Steps given in blue color.

The installation of the Smart Energy SDK and plugin has slightly changed. Updated procedure can be found in the release notes found in the zip file. Below are the new steps of installing the tools and much needed udpates.

Select ‘Help’ -> ‘Software Updates’

Select the ‘Available software’ tab

Click ‘Add site’

Click ‘Local’

[changed]

Browse to:

C:\Jennic\Tools\EclipsePlugins\ECLIPSE_JENNICSDK_com.jennic.update_site.extern

al_1v8_RC2

Click ‘OK’

Click ‘OK’

Select ‘Jennic Eclipse Update Site’ or the ?...com.jemmic.update_site (Warning! You will need an active internet connection for this)

Click ‘install’

Wait for eclipse to update internal files. An install window then pops up. Ensure both items remain ticked and then click ‘next’.

Review license agreement, then click the ‘I accept’ radio button, then ‘Finish’

If a popup appears asking if you trust certificates, then click ‘select all’ followed by

‘OK’

Restart Eclipse when prompted.

I need help from you as well!

I am currently working on JN5168 ZigBee Module. I am new to the ZigBee Application Development. I am currently working on the Smart Energy SDK. (IPD Node and Energy Smart Meter) The contents are so much to go through. I want to learn based on some tutorials (step by step) to get better understanding. Could you please suggest me any tutorials or guides? I downloaded the application notes but I am getting lost because of huge content! I downloaded the application note IPD (In Premise Display - End Device) and ESP-EM (Energy Monitor - Master Device) onto the JN5168 module. But when I turn on, they are not getting connected. Could you please help me? I do not know where I am getting lost. It has lot of content that I do not know the starting point to work on.

I would appreciate the help if anyone could help me!

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Aniketh

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Thomas,

I am trying to replicate the issue, i will notify to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Mario

0 Kudos

GordyCarlson
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Tom Saluzzo/Arrow DFAE has asked us to please review this and provide an update.  It may have fallen thru a crack in the last 7 weeks.   Thanks in advance....

-Gordy

karinavalencia

0 Kudos

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

vicentegomez‌ can you help to review this case?

0 Kudos

GordyCarlson
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

karinavalencia

If you have a contact within the legacy NXP "Wireless Connectivity" or "Smarthome" applications s group, please tag them for comment.  This question indicates that our Tools (BeyondStudio) for the JN51658 integrated MCU+RF Transceiver  are no longer able to compile and work with the example code templates we provide for this device.

Thanks,

Gordy