Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKW37 supports STAR and MESH topology?

Jump to solution
andy_kim
Contributor IV

Dear NXP,

I could not find if MKW37 supports STAR and MESH topology on DistyNet.

Could you let me know if MKW37 supports STAR and MESH topology as well?

Thanks,

Andy

Labels (2)
1 Solution
nxf63973
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andy

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may cause, but currently, the KW37 Family of MCUs does not support the BLE Mesh Specification.

About the JN5189, K32W, and KW41Z, these devices support Wireless Mesh communications protocols, such as ZigBee and Thread, but they don't support BLE Mesh either.

Currently, some of the devices in the new line of Wi-Fi® + Bluetooth MCUs do support BLE Mesh specifications. Could you please take a look at these?

Please let me know if you need any more information.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
nxf63973
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andy

The KW37 can support a star topology in Bluetooth LE.  The MCU can use Bluetooth LE acting as a central device for multiple connections, supporting up to 8 connections. If you have an interest in this application, I recommend you read Multiple Connections in Bluetooth LE Central Device.

Regarding mesh topology, there are some MCUs that support Wireless Communications protocols with this topology, like the newer JN5189, K32W, and KW41Z Families. I recommend taking a look at our MCUs that support Zigbee or Thread.

Let me know if you need any more information.

andy_kim
Contributor IV

Dear Jose,

Thanks for your prompt feedback and kind explanation.

How about BLE mesh?

It does not seem that KW37 support BLE Mesh topology.

And JN51898, K32W and KW41Z support BLE Mesh topology as well except Zigbee or Thread?

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
nxf63973
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andy

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may cause, but currently, the KW37 Family of MCUs does not support the BLE Mesh Specification.

About the JN5189, K32W, and KW41Z, these devices support Wireless Mesh communications protocols, such as ZigBee and Thread, but they don't support BLE Mesh either.

Currently, some of the devices in the new line of Wi-Fi® + Bluetooth MCUs do support BLE Mesh specifications. Could you please take a look at these?

Please let me know if you need any more information.

andy_kim
Contributor IV

Dear Jose,

Thanks for your clarification .

0 Kudos