Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKW24D512 external 3v3 supply

Jump to solution
atillametetured
Contributor V

Hello

My question is regarding the MKW24D512. When not using the VREGIN and VOUT33, what should be done with these pins? Can they be floating? Also when externally suppliyng the device instead of using internal regulator, are there any possible design changes?

Regards,

Mete

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mihaidragnea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mete,

If VREGIN and VOUT33 are not used it is recommended to let these pins floating. If your design uses external power supply there are no extra design changes required, but still you will have to preserve the bypass capacitors.

Best Regards,

Mihai Dragnea - Connectivity System Engineer

View solution in original post

7 Replies
zeshanyousaf
Contributor I

Hallo Mihai,

MKW24D512 Datasheet says that Supply voltage can vary b/w 1.8V-3.6V.

Is this MKW24D512 can be externally powered by a two series AAA batteries (voltage varies b/w 1.6V-3.2V)?

Thanks.

BR

Zeshan

0 Kudos
mihaidragnea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mete,

It's from a different part but very similar to KW24. You should consider only the information related to VREGIN and VOUT33.

Regards,

Mihai

atillametetured
Contributor V

Allright, I'll consider this. Thanks Mihai.

Regards,

Mete

0 Kudos
mihaidragnea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mete,

Just checked again with my colleagues and I do have a different recommendation: you should tie VREGIN and VOUT33 together and to GND through a 10K resistor. Below you may find a table to serve you as an example:

pastedImage_0.png

Kind Regards,

Mihai

0 Kudos
atillametetured
Contributor V

Though I cant seem to find which pin corresponds to USB0_VSS? Can you point out to where that information is from?

0 Kudos
atillametetured
Contributor V

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I'll do as you have recommended.

Regards,

Mete

0 Kudos
mihaidragnea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mete,

If VREGIN and VOUT33 are not used it is recommended to let these pins floating. If your design uses external power supply there are no extra design changes required, but still you will have to preserve the bypass capacitors.

Best Regards,

Mihai Dragnea - Connectivity System Engineer