Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKW24D512 Conceptual Design Questions

Jump to solution
atillametetured
Contributor V

Greetings,

For a custom board, we are designing a ZigBee solution using MKW24D512 along with iMX6Q. I have some basic questions and would be glad if someone can answer them.

1. Does MKW24D512 come with the ZigBee stack built into it? If not what is the way to load the zigbee stack into MKW24D512?

2. Which are the minimum pins that should be connected in order to load the stack into MKW24D512? Does it use SPI or UART to load it in?

3. Can I take USB_KW2XHWRM connections as a direct referrence when designing the setup I mentioned, except for the power section? Which com port is the default one for communication with the device? I see SPI and UART are shared so I guess obviously one of them should be the default?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mete

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mihaidragnea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mete,

The MKW24D512 part does not come pre-programmed with any software stack. If you want to run Zigbee stack on it you will need to program it. If your design have an i.MX6 host processor, you can run the Zigbee stack on MKW24D512 part as a black-box. The communication between host (i.MX) and Zigbee black-box (MKW24) can be done via SPI or UART. The communication protocol is an NXP proprietary one and it is called FSCI.

I recommend you to download  BeeKit Wireless Connectivity Toolkit from NXP website. After you install it you may find all the documentation that you need to start a Zigbee project on MKW24D part. The setup of peripherals to be used by the ZigBee application can be done via the Beekit software.

Please let me know about any other questions that you may have.

Best Regards,

Mihai Dragnea - Connectivity System Engineer

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mihaidragnea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mete,

The MKW24D512 part does not come pre-programmed with any software stack. If you want to run Zigbee stack on it you will need to program it. If your design have an i.MX6 host processor, you can run the Zigbee stack on MKW24D512 part as a black-box. The communication between host (i.MX) and Zigbee black-box (MKW24) can be done via SPI or UART. The communication protocol is an NXP proprietary one and it is called FSCI.

I recommend you to download  BeeKit Wireless Connectivity Toolkit from NXP website. After you install it you may find all the documentation that you need to start a Zigbee project on MKW24D part. The setup of peripherals to be used by the ZigBee application can be done via the Beekit software.

Please let me know about any other questions that you may have.

Best Regards,

Mihai Dragnea - Connectivity System Engineer

atillametetured
Contributor V

Hello Mihai,

I will check the toolkit and see if I still have questions. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Mete

0 Kudos