cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKW22 Footprint

Jump to solution
joelk
Contributor II

For the 8x8 MAPLGA foortpint should I include NC pads for the factory test pins 57-61 on the copper layer of my PCB as shown in the recommended footprint? or can they be omitted from the footprint all together?

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Joel,

You could leave pins 57-62 disconnected. Our actual development boards do not use those pins either; they are only used for factory test. You could however leave them in the layout for mechanical strength purposes as done in our evaluation boards. Just notice Pin 63 should be connected to ground as described in reference manual (PA supply ground).

Moreover, if you would like to see the TWR or USB KW2x boards schematics and layout, you may download them from our website for free. They might help you in your custom boards’ design process.

Regards,

AngelC

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Joel,

You could leave pins 57-62 disconnected. Our actual development boards do not use those pins either; they are only used for factory test. You could however leave them in the layout for mechanical strength purposes as done in our evaluation boards. Just notice Pin 63 should be connected to ground as described in reference manual (PA supply ground).

Moreover, if you would like to see the TWR or USB KW2x boards schematics and layout, you may download them from our website for free. They might help you in your custom boards’ design process.

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos
joelk
Contributor II

Thanks!

0 Kudos