Look for a BlueTooth device -> CDC (SPP serial)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look for a BlueTooth device -> CDC (SPP serial)

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Is Nxp has a microcontroller solution with a code exemple which can do the  following function:

Bluetooth device working on USB (Host or Device) CDC SPP serial client?

My aim is to have a serial link (Rx/Tx) like an RS232 but by Bluetooth way.

Then we can imagine two exactly small board which are connected between them (by air..) and as output has Rx line and Tx Line.

-All bytes sent on Tx line in a side will be received on the Rx line on the other side and reverse.

-We can also imagine have this small board on only one side, on in the other side it is a computer or a smartphone will emulate a serial port via the Bluetooth connection.

-And to have an evoluate device, we can imagine replace the serial Rx/Tx line by an USB port (in Host or device) in CDC mode...

Then is Nxp has this kind of microcontroler to do this with a code exemple? (Better if there are a demo board...)

In other word, I would realize this kind of device:

http://arpci.fr/adaptateur-bluetooth-usb/3404-adaptateur-bluetooth-usb-pour-le-remplacement-du-port-...

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Arnaud,

The Serial Port Profile (SPP) is only supported in Bluetooth Classic, but a similar functionality can be achieved with the Wireless UART profile in Bluetooth Low Energy as Neo Xiong suggested.

In addition to the QN908x, you can see more BLE devices in the Bluetooth Low Energy product page.

0 Kudos

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello

So, I'm interested by Kinetis Chip (Because we know these family, we already designed system on K60 and K70 with MQX, then we have all tool...)

Is some similar exemple for the K32, K35 etc...?

0 Kudos

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Arnaud,

If you are already familiar with Kinetis, I recommend you check out the Kinetis W series, specifically the KW41Z Family.

The BLE Wireless UART example is also available for these devices and can be found in the KW41 SDK. You can download the SDK from the MCUXpresso SDK builder.

Regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos

neoxiong
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Arnaud

Yes, you can combine two demo project in QN908x to do this:

1. C:\SDK\SDK_2.2_QN908XCDK\boards\qn908xcdk\wireless_examples\bluetooth\wireless_uart

2. C:\SDK\SDK_2.2_QN908XCDK\boards\qn908xcdk\usb_examples\usb_device_cdc_vcom

Please Contact local distributor for demo board.

0 Kudos

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello

On which micro controler these demonstration are designed? Is it based on HCS08?

0 Kudos