cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW41Z mesh usage

evgenyerlihman
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am evaluating the KW41Z chip using FRDM-KW41Z board. All the examples talk about having the commissioner as a node in the mesh. It is also said that the commissioner instantiates a node with hardcoded ID == 0x1, and that every node must have a unique ID. Can i understand that currently, NXP does not provide any way of commissioning nodes to the mesh by an outside device such as Android/iOS device? And that i cannot have more that one commisioner in the mesh (because it instantiates ID == 0x1 node) ?

Thanks,

Evgeny 

Labels (2)
3 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Evgeny,

Unfortunately, We do not have a specific app for BLE mesh, but you could implement wireless UART, create another connection and send to the phone all the data that you want.

Yes, The Mesh Commissioner application instantiates a node with the mesh address 0x0001. This address is fixed inside the library and cannot be changed from the application.

Hope it helps,

Mario

evgenyerlihman
Contributor IV

Hi Mario,

According to this: https://community.nxp.com/thread/445287 

I cant use BLE Mesh and BLE, so if i want to communicate using wireless UART with a node/commissioner. It cant be part of the Mesh at the same time?

Thanks,

Evgeny

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Every,

I'm sorry, I was confused, you can't use the wireless UART and be part of the mesh at the same time. You can use the mesh commissioner example and control the network through the terminal.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos