KW41Z/KW21Z zigbee stack release time?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW41Z/KW21Z zigbee stack release time?

daysgreen
Contributor II

What is the time that the zigbee stack that support KW41Z/KW21Z  will be release?

Labels (2)
8 Replies

jasonchiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thread protocol is supported in KW41Z currently. For zigbee stack, JN51xx product with zigbee 3.0 is also an alternative solution.

markwinston
Contributor I

I feel like I am missing something.  The website says and implies that Zigbee is supported on these chips and a stack is provided.  Can you please give me a sanity check if I'm going insane :smileyhappy:.  Why does the website say it is supported however, there is no stack to support it.  Is the website just that badly misrepresentative or are there plans to develop a zigbee stack and app profiles.

0 Kudos

jasonchiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can visit KW41/21 website. The existing S/W package released support BLE, Thread, dual mode(BLE/Thread).

zigbee stack is not supported at KW41/21 currently.

0 Kudos

markwinston
Contributor I

/are there any plans to support zigbee on these chips?  where can I find a product road map?

0 Kudos

antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark, 

We are working to enable KW41Z with ZigBee 3.0 stack. For getting a better timeline please get in contact you your local distributor. To start getting familiar with the SW stack itself you can download the ZigBee 3.0 stack available today for JN517x. 

Cheers, 

Antonio 

0 Kudos

benjaminchang
Contributor V

Hi Antonio,

We have customers using JN5179 with Zb30. We also have customers using KW41 (BLE+Thread), and checking on Zigbee supporting now. Is there any update on KW41 with Zigbee 3.0 stack development?

Thanks!

Benjamin

antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Benjamin,

Such info is not public yet, please contact your known local NXP person to get a timeline for the ZigBee 3.0 stack availability over KW41Z.

Cheers,

Antonio

0 Kudos

benjaminchang
Contributor V

Hi Antonio,

Thank you!

Benjamin

0 Kudos