cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW41Z Eeprom size

vishnubeema
Contributor III

Hello,

In data sheet of KW41z (MKW41Z512) I am able to see about Flash and RAM but not EEPROM. Whether Eeprom is inbuilt into chip or its external Eeprom. If internal then what is the size of Eeprom present in KW41Z.

If there is no Eeprom, then how data is stored and restored after power restore.

Thanks & Regards

Vishnu Beema

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Vishnu Beema,

The wireless demo applications store information in the internal Flash memory. You can read more about this in section 3.5 Flash Management and Non-Volatile Storage Module in the "<SDK>docs\wireless\Common\Connectivity Framework Reference Manual.pdf".

Additionally, the FRDM-KW41Z has an external 512KB SPI flash memory mainly used for Over-the-Air Programming (OTAP). Refer to 3.4. Serial flash memory in FRDM-KW41Z Board User's Guide.

Regards,

Gerardo

vishnubeema
Contributor III

Hello Gerardo,

Thank you for your inputs.

I am trying to understand more about the statement "wireless demo applications store information in the internal Flash memory".

In ZigBee how about Network related data (PANID, channel number etc), Routing tables, Discovery tables, MAC address tables, Neighboring tables etc... are stored. I don't think all these are possible to store in internal Flash.

The problem with internal flash is even to modify a single byte first entire flash sector to be erased and then only update (At the same time need to take already existing data as backup in entire sector).

Please let me know your inputs.

Thanks & Regards

Vishnu Beema

0 Kudos

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Vishnu Beema,

I'm not sure exactly what's stored in the flash for ZigBee applications, but I'm guessing it will save network information that will not change very frequently over time. You would need to analyze the code to know exactly what is being stored in the NVM.

For example, in Thread applications, you can take a look at the datasets that will be stored in the NVM in nv_data.c.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos