KW36 Configure GFSK channel to look like BLE channel (bandwidth, whitening etc)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW36 Configure GFSK channel to look like BLE channel (bandwidth, whitening etc)

stephenlangstaf
Contributor III

For approvals testing of my product I want to use the features of Gap_ControllerTest() [i.e. TX & RX tests] but I don't have the FLASH memory space available to include the full-featured host library required by that API.

I do have a GFSK instance already allocated in my build (using default parameters at the moment) so I thought that I could implement similar test features myself, but I have a doubt as to what parameters I should I use for the radio/packet/bit configuration in order to utilise a radio channel in a way similar to BLE - for example, using the same bandwidth and whitening parameters as BLE.

GENFSK_radio_config_t *radioConfig

GENFSK_packet_config_t *packetConfig

GENFSK_bitproc_t *bitProcConfig

Using the defaults mDefaultRadioConfig, mDefaultPacketConfig, mDefaultCrcConfig and mDefaultWhitenerConfig I *think* that I am seeing a radio bandwidth much wider than the 2MHz channel used by BLE - it looks like the GFSK signal is taking up 6MHz but I'm no expert at driving the spectrum analyser!

I suppose that what I am asking is whether the GFSK radio setups in any/all of the demo projects (e.g. genfsk_conn_test) provide a similar radio footprint to BLE?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The only example or guide we have available is the following

Hybrid (Dual-Mode) Bluetooth Low Energy and GenFSK Heart Rate Sensor Application

Still, those are the only guides available.

Regards ,
Estephania

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

When talking about the BLE supported radio, we used to provide the BLE HCI Application which basically allows the tester to set the radio in Tx/Rx mode by using HCI transmitter/receiver test commands. These commands are part of the BLE specifications at the HCI level.

In this case you can check the hci_bb example in the SDK , also I would strongly recommend you to check the following application note and verify if this works for you.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

stephenlangstaf
Contributor III

Hi @estephania_mart ,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately it does not actually answer my question, which is how I can configure a GFSK channel to simulate a BLE channel.

I can, of course, develop and load a completely different application into the radio in order to put it into a test mode (bearing in mind that my hardware does not have a serial connection to the outside world) but I wanted to explore the possiblity of incorporating the test modes into the main application.

0 Kudos