cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW31Z maximum notification packet per time slot

Jump to solution
isaotakashima
Contributor IV

I would like to send at least 6 characteristic notification packet per time slot using KW31Z. The time slot interval is 30 ms.

I found out the below discussion, but the maximum number of characteristic notification packet per time slot is not included.

https://community.nxp.com/message/806995

Please tell us the the maximum number of characteristic notification packet per time slot.

If you have a equation for calculate maximum number of characteristic notification packet per time slot, please let us know that.

Best regards,

Takashima

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Takashima,

I tested your use case and was able to send up to 16 packets with a payload of 20 bytes at the ATT level in a single connection interval of 15ms, so you should have no issues in sending at least 6 packets per connection interval.

Regards,

Gerardo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Isao Takashima,

I have asked internally if the maximum connection packets in a connection interval is the same or more with the KW31Z as with the KW40Z. I will update this thread as soon as I receive more information on this.

By time slot, I assume that you are referring to the connection interval, right?

Regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos
isaotakashima
Contributor IV

Dear Gerardo Rodriguez,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry late response, time slot is connection interval.

But we will reduce connection interval to 20 or 15 ms in the future.

Can you receive any information from NXP internal engineer?

If you received it, please tell us.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

0 Kudos
gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Takashima,

The maximum number of packets that can be inserted in a single connection interval will depend directly on the packet size and the connection interval. Do you know the size of the packets?

If you are trying to increase the throughput of your data, an easier way would be to decrease the connection interval.

Regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos
isaotakashima
Contributor IV

Dear Gerardo Rodriguez,

Thank you for your reply.

The size of the packet depends on the packet type, and the average of packet size is about 20 bytes.

Please tell us mximum number of characteristic notification packet per time slot.

Best regards,

Takashima

0 Kudos
gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Takashima,

I tested your use case and was able to send up to 16 packets with a payload of 20 bytes at the ATT level in a single connection interval of 15ms, so you should have no issues in sending at least 6 packets per connection interval.

Regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos