cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW2x zigbee development using Beekit and Keil

kedarikrishna
Contributor I

Hi,

I am working with KW2X Zigbee MCU.I have installed  BeeKit Wireless Connectivity Toolkit and able to create required Zigbee application (like HaOnOffLight, HaonOffSwitch)  IAR Project .I can load and debug this IAR Project with OpenSDA on TWR-KW21D256 development board.

Hers is our problem ,my Company have Keil commercial license but not IAR. So we starting porting same IAR project to keil but IAR libraries  are ".a" where as keil libraries ".lib".

We also found that Beekit have full source code for the libraries used in IAR Project. So here are our questions:

1) Can we generate .lib files using corresponding source files ?

2) If yes ,What is the effort involved in generating .lib files ?

3) If no,How can we start development of KW2x using Keil?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kedarikrishna
Contributor I

Thanks.

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Dear Kedari,

Current KW2x solutions support IAR IDE only, there are no plans to include Keil support so far. I ignore if the projects could be somehow exported to Keil, you may want to check in the web or with IAR directly. Please just notice that not all files in BeeStack applications are available in source code. Some files are just provided in object code and cannot be modified.

Latest Beekit includes solutions for KW2x, that could be exported to Codewarrior. However, the officially supported IDE is IAR as mentioned. You may use Codewarrior whenever you desire but any issue you may have with the compiler or IDE in general is up to you. An evaluation version of such IDE would let you compile and load the ZigBee solutions for a limited time.

Furthermore, there might be some future implementations for KDS, which is free, but it is still under development and will take some months to be done. No date has been announced.

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos