cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW24D OTA Bootloader jumps to application but application never starts

miket2
Contributor I

Hi 

I am working with KW24D512 on IAR and I am trying to add ota functionality to my application.

Based on "Connectivity Framework RM rev2" , MKW2xD_Connectivity_Software_1.0.2 and the OtaSupport functions, my own application can load, from a .srec file, a new application image into a AT45DB161E external Eeprom according to the format :

[Image_Size (@0x00 - 4bytes)] / [Bitmap (@0x04 - 32 byte)] / [Application_Image (@0x24 - x byte)].

(gEepromType_d == gEepromDevice_AT45DB161E_c)

First, in order to test the OTA bootloader I write the bootloader binary to the board.

The Bootloader checks the flags at the internal flash address @0x4400, gets back the image, the size and bitmap and finally copies the image from the external eeprom to the internal flash at the address @0x4000.

At the end Flags are updated to complete and bootloader tries to jump to the application (@0x4000) but something wrong must happen because bootloader is restarted again and again.

In order to see the program sequence, I added a TRACE function via a second UART to the bootloader and my own application both.

My application never starts

I suppose the problem is due to the icf file of my own application.

So my questions are

- How to modify a .icf file to write an application binary just after the bootloader sectors

- Using IAR, How to merge an user application and bootloader in a single file which can be downloaded into the microcontroller at once and reduce manufacturing time.

Regards.

Mickael

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

It might not be jumping to the part where the application it's located.,.

Could you please check the 3.Deploying Standalone Bootloader Firmware in the Kinetis Thread Stack and FSCI Bootloader Quick Start Guide User’s Guide? 

Regards, 

Estephania 

miket2
Contributor I

Hi Estephania

Thank you, I solve my problem thank to your indications.

So, do you know how to merge 2 .bin files (bootloader and aplication image) with IAR system ?

I found on https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-328202  the solution with KDS but it is not so easy to do the same thing with IAR IDE

Best Regards

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Sorry, we no dot have such guide, maybe you should  IAR as if it is possible, it might also depend on the IDE version you use. 

Regards,

0 Kudos