KW01 TPMS Receiver cannot work with FXTH870911 – 434Hz EVB.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW01 TPMS Receiver cannot work with FXTH870911 – 434Hz EVB.

jylee
Contributor III

Hi,

Would you someone please take a look at this issue?

I'm working on TPMS evaluation system with NXP's emitter, FXTH870911 – 434Hz, and receiver, MRB-KW019030JA.

And deployed SW is "TPMS FXTH87 MKW01 CW10 Rev4 " for emitter and "MKW01_IAR7v4_Project_TPMS_Rev0.6" for receiver.

For some reason, I purchased the MRB-KW019030JA instead of MRB-KW019032NA and made some change on receiver side so as to fit for 30MHz XTAL on MRB-KW01.
(changing is made on clock source for KW01, 30MHz from 2MHz and PLL configuration and some frequency constant for 30MHz)

But, it's not working, means I cannot see the packet MSG on the hyperterminal.

Please let me know what I missed or made some wrong.

For your information, I can see the RSSI value is changed on Radio Utility tool.
So, it looks like not totally working but some parameter or something else is missed or not matched.

Thanks in advance.

#tpms sensor

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jaeyeol Lee

What is the status of your issue? Could you explain more how you made this change on clock source for KW01?. Because FXOSC has changed to 30 Mhz, Fstep, FrfFdev and BR have changed too, so they need to be re-calculated and redefined. In the demo that you are using, you can find these values defined with gDefaultRfFreq_c, gDefaultFreqDv_c, gDefaultBitRate_c in ApplicationConf.h file.

Please take a look to section 3.2.1 of the application note AN5136

Here they explain how to calculate these values for 315 MHz, so for example, Frf= (315M)/Fstep and Fstep= 61.03515625 for a 32Mhz FXOSC, then Frf=5160960.

Also, you should check that your MCG config is correctly set in your device (like you mentioned, your PLL configuration and other values), you can find this configuration in Platform_Init in main.c.

Hope this information helps you
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jylee
Contributor III

Hi Jorge Alcala,

Thanks for your update.

Actually, A workaround was made a week ago and verified it works with TPMS Emitter.

As you mentioned below, the changes have been made on the constants and MCG configuration for PLL of KW01.

For your information, I attach the patch of this workaround, <<MRB-KW019030JA_Patch_03Jan2017.zip >>.

If you have a time, please take a look at this patch and let me know if there is something missed.

Anyhow, thank you for your attention and sorry for missing update you.

Thanks,

Best Regards.

Tommy(Jae-yeol) Lee

0 Kudos