K32W ot-rcp baudrate

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K32W ot-rcp baudrate

swhyun
Contributor I

The baud rate of K32Wot-rcp f/w is fixed at 1000000.

High serial communication speeds are expected to cause operational instability.

This is because products that use the 115200 among third-party products are significantly less likely to experience errors while running than NXP products.

Can I get a binary file with the baud rate adjusted to 115200 or less?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mihai_ignat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello.

The ot-rcp binary that I presume you are using from the K32W0 SDK is built using instructions from here .

The binary from the SDK is without flow control as it's intended to work with the K32W0 USB dongle which doesn't have flow control enabled (there are soldering pads that need to be connected on the PCB for that).

This binary works with the K32W0 DK6 also, but if you are using the DK6, you can use ot-rcp with flow control by recompiling the binary using instructions from here .

To build a specific RCP example, you need to enter:

./script/build_k32w061 <app> 

where <app> can be one of the following options:

build_ot_rcp_only_uart_flow_control
build_ot_rcp_only_spi
build_ot_without_rcp_image
build_ot_rcp_spi_ble_hci_bb_uart_fc
build_ot_rcp_ble_hci_bb_single_uart_fc
build_ot_cli_ftd_zb_ed_rx_off
build_ot_rcp_uart_fc_zb_ed_rx_off
build_ot_rcp_uart_fc_ble_hci_bb_zb_ed_rx_off
build_ot_rcp_uart_fc_ble_hci_bb_zb_ed_rx_off_pta
build_ot_rcp_only_uart_dma

The build without flow control is "build_ot_rcp_only_uart_dma", while the ones with flow control contain "flow_control" in the name or simply "fc". Their default baudrate is also 1000000 as you can see here by searching "-DUART_BAUD_RATE" as this is required in order to work with the OTBR. You can change and experiment from this point, by modifying the "-DUART_BAUD_RATE" parameter for your required build.

BR,

Mihai

0 Kudos