cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5189 download

Viki
Contributor II

Hi All,

I used the "DK6Programmer. EXE-S COM17-E FLASH-P JN5189DK6_ZIGBEE_COORDINATOR_BM.bin "instruction to download the program for JN5189_USB_DONGLE, and the program was downloaded successfully, and the program still ran normally after JN5189_USB_DONGLE was reset.

I used the same instructions to download the same program for the self-made JN5189 board, and the program was successfully downloaded. However, after the board was reset, the program could not run normally. I guess it was because the program was not normally downloaded into Flash.

In order to verify whether the problem is caused by the FLASH chip on JN5189_USB_DONGLE, I removed the FLASH chip on JN5189_USB_DONGLE and downloaded the program. After reset, the program can still run normally.

By comparison, the chip used in JN5189_USB_DONGLE is JN5189T, while the chip used in the homemade board is JN5189.

Now the downloaded bin file is in the same way as the downloaded one, but the official board can be reset and run, but my board can't. What may be the reason for this phenomenon?

BR,

Viki

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Viki,

Please look at Table 14. Boot modes from the User guide. You are entering into ISP mode, the PIO0_5 should be high.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/user-guides/UM11138.pdf

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos