cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5189 PANID

Viki
Contributor II

Hi All,

The chip I use is JN5189, the SDK version I use is SDK2.6.2_JN5189DK6, and the routines I use are zigbee_ed_rx_on and zigbee_coordinator. My question is how to modify the code to achieve the following functions:
1. The coordinator creates a network on the specified PANID
2. The end device joins the same network as the PANID specified by itself

0 Kudos
5 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Viki,

It is not possible, because the Zigbee Stack implements this random process to avoid any PAN ID conflict.

Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Viki,

I am not sure what are you trying to do. you could use the beacon filter to find out the PANID of your network.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/JN-UG-3113.pdf  B.4 Beacon Filtering Guidelines

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

Viki
Contributor II

Hi @mario_castaneda

I'm sorry for replying to you so late.

Your suggestion is very helpful to me, I have another question is how to get the coordinator to set up the network according to the PANID I set, instead of random PANID?

BR,
Viki
0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Viki,

I hope you are doing great.

My question is how to modify the code to achieve the following functions:
1. The coordinator creates a network on the specified PANID

No, the Zigbee Stack created a random PAN ID, and if it finds the same PAND ID, an event is created, PAN ID conflict,s and changes for a new one.
2. The end device joins the same network as the PANID specified by itself

The end device is looking for the Zigbee open network, it sends a beacon request and waits for the beacon from the coordinator.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

Viki
Contributor II

Hi @mario_castaneda ,

Thank you for your reply.

1. For the coordinator, I understand the mechanics of the agreement to find their own create a PANID is random, but I need to implement the function is to specify a PANID, if the specified PANID has conflict with existing PANID, PANID automatically add 1, I guess protocol stack can be realized by modifying existing code this mechanism, but I don't know where to modify the code.
2. For the terminal, the function that needs to be realized is to specify a PANID, and it will only join the same network as the specified PANID, but it is still not clear where to modify the code and how to modify it, I hope to get your help.

Best Regards,

Viki

0 Kudos