JN516x-EK004 Eval Kit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN516x-EK004 Eval Kit

markjohnson
Contributor I

I am experimenting with JN516x-EK004 Eval Kit. After a bout 60 seconds of no activity using the generic node board buttons to control LED's on the lighting node board, the generic mode board loses it's connectivity to the lightning board. Is this normal? To re-establish communication I have to use the DI08 button and the SW1 button. I tried both BAT and REG modes also. The red jumpers are set to their defaults.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

billkrakar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark,

Please post your question to the Wireless Connectivity Support Community.

https://community.nxp.com/community/wireless-connectivity 

So the tech support team can view and dispatch.

Thanks!

Bill Krakar

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bill,

The dimmer switch operates in three modes : Commissioning mode , Individual control mode and group control mode.

Whenever the DIO8 button is pressed, the dimmer switch enters commissioning mode and searches for lights on network which is shown by lights identifying itself for 5 seconds. During commissioning state ,a group is added to an identifying light by pressing SW1 button on generic expansion board while holding down the DIO8 button.

As soon as DIO8 button is released, a dimmer switch goes into individual control mode where it controls the light commissioned using unicast addressing. It continues to stay in this mode till it finds no activity on dimmer switch like button press for 30 seconds and then enters the grouping mode where it controls the light using group addressing mode. So, if user has not added a group by pressing SW1 while holding down the DIO8 button , the dimmer switch will not be able to control lights while in group control mode.

So, I would suggest to follow the steps as below:
a) Press and hold down the Commissioning button (DIO8) on the Carrier Board of the Dimmer Switch node - the white LEDs on the Lighting/Sensor Expansion Board of the Dimmable Light node will start to flash.
c) Press the button SW1 on the Generic Expansion Board of the Dimmer Switch node , the white LEDs will stop flashing and stay illuminated.
b) Release the button DIO8.

You can refer to user guide in JN-AN-1221 application note for more details regarding dimmer switch application note.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos