cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5168 coordinator network to control third party end devices

jaffinmk
Contributor III

Hello

I just started with zigbee development with jn5168 module. After few playing around, I wanted to make the module into coordinator and connect philips hue bulb to it. I had downloaded the JN-AN-1223-ZigBee-IoT-Gateway-Control-Bridge-v1008 application note. I flashed the coordinator firmware into the jn5168 module and tested it with TestGUI.exe. I had followed intructions in the application note document. And formed the zigbee network. Then I tried to connect the bulb by clicking permit join with parameters FFFC and FE(address mode and time interval). The permit join status is TRUE. But the hue bulb doesnt connect. I am very confused. Because at this moment I should be able to connect to it. 

How can I find out the address of the bulb and connect directly? Is there an option to reset the bulb with the jn5168 bridge coordinator. 

Right now I am only following this particular application note. Please advise if there is anything more that should be done for the connection.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

patrick_pan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Jaffin

so far as I know , philips hue bulb needs product link key to be set on the coordinator , otherwise it will refuse the commissioning process.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jaffin,

Please check the 5.2.4.

In the first (left) Permit Join textbox, enter the address of the node on which you wish to allow joining (normally 0x0000 for the Coordinator or 0xFFFC for all Router/Coordinator nodes). In the second (right) Permit Join textbox, enter the length of time in seconds for which you require ‘permit join’ to be active. Both values must be entered in hexadecimal. Click the Permit Join button to enable ‘permit join’ on the specified node(s).

Also, you can use the Serial Command Set and take a look for the expected response.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos