cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5168-M05

Jump to solution
hazeman
Contributor II

I have just started using a high powered JN5168-M05 for a project. Whilst it is running and sending out debug information the radio does not seem to be working at all. It does not link to a coordinator, and when it does an energy scan (as a coordinator) all the energies come back as 0.

I am using it in basic IEEE15.4 mode.

The same code works find on a M00 module.

I have called

vAppApiSetHighPowerMode( APP_API_MODULE_HPM05, TRUE ) before using radio.

I am using it with an external 2dB dipole antenna.

I have downloaded the NXP JN-AP-1172 JN516x Customer Module Evaluation Tool. I've compiled it in BeYond Studio with the latest SDK.

The results are similar : When I run it on a M00 and do the receive test or RF power measurement test I can see activity on the channels.

When I run the same binary (and enable high power mode from the terminal) on a M05 the channels are completely silent.

Its like the radio is not switched on in the M05.

I have tried two M05.

I have used the M00 module extensively without issue.

Antenna is not shorted or anything like that.

Has anyone got an M05 working? Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
hazeman
Contributor II

Ignore this - I was driving 5V into DIO1. It was configured as an input so but 5V is over voltage.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
adamjacob
Contributor II

Calling the makers and experts interested in using Zigbee via NXP JN5168 modules, please join the facebook group so we can help each other:)
https://goo.gl/DeYbC6
Cheers

0 Kudos
vivekpjohn
Contributor II

Hai,

I am also working on JN5168-001-M06. Can u plz tell me ho or where to get the beyond studio IDE and SDks.

I am really stuck. Plz help

0 Kudos
hazeman
Contributor II

Ignore this - I was driving 5V into DIO1. It was configured as an input so but 5V is over voltage.

0 Kudos