cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with JN5168 high "Deep Sleep" current - 18mA

ebenmos
Contributor II

Hi.

I am developing an application based on JN5168 module. The application is a battery operated Zigbee touch remote control,

something similar to NXP's DR1159 Remote Control.  Actually I am using unchanged "controllerColorSceneController" code from

"JN-AN-1171-ZigBee-LightLink-Demo".

My problem is that the module consumption is about 18mA when it goes to "Deep Sleep". I would like to note that

The module is the only active part in my application.

Appreciate any help.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ephraim,

How are you measuring the current?

Are you working with an expansion board?

Look at the JN-AN-1184 application note that implements the sleep mode without any other application, a simple cluster.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

ebenmos
Contributor II

Hi Mario, thanks for prompt reply.

How are you measuring the current?

I connect digital "multimeter" in series to the battery and wait 10 seconds for the remote go to deep sleep and measure (reading is about 17mA). I know that I am in sleep mode because touch keys do no respond. and after pressing wake key touch keys are responsive again. I also see datalog indicating going into "Deep Sleep" and "Activity" = 0. 

Are you working with an expansion board?

No. I have my own board. it looks like  NXP's DR1159 Remote Control and

runs unchanged "controllerColorSceneController" code from "JN-AN-1171-ZigBee-LightLink-Demo".

I assumed that code in demo should work.

Regards, Ephraim

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ephraim,

Could you please run the JN-AN-118, the end device sleep mode? I want to be sure that you do not have any other components that are affecting the measure.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

ebenmos
Contributor II

Thanks Mario.

I have loaded the JN-AN-118, the "end device sleep mode" and it never goes to sleep. I think it's looking for Router or Coordinator. Anyway things getting more complicated. I get endless loop with the following datalog:

APP: Network discovery failed error=234
APP: No event to process!
APP: Starting ZPS

Can we please get back to understand why I get 17mA when it's in Deep Sleep with 

"controllerColorSceneController" code from "JN-AN-1171-ZigBee-LightLink-Demo"?

Also could you please send me schematics of NXP's DR1159 Remote Control? Maybe that can solve my problem.

Regards, Ephraim

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ephraim,

Can we please get back to understand why I get 17mA when it's in Deep Sleep with "controllerColorSceneController" code from "JN-AN-1171-ZigBee-LightLink-Demo"?

The device is not in deep sleep mode, the device is performing touching commissioning, after that, the device is entering into sleep mode after a while. That is the reason why I recommend to use the JN-AN-1184, you can confirm the current consumption there.

The DR1159 is part of the RF4CE. Unfortunately, it is no longer supported and thus we can not share the schematics.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

ebenmos
Contributor II

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos