Is it require to add cluster in router device?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it require to add cluster in router device?

Jump to solution
bhautik_ruparel
Contributor II

Hello Support Team,

I have used one Coordinator, Router and End device and configured cluster on Coordinator and End device side as per application.

I configure Dimmable Light [0x0101] as a router.

So Is it require to add/configure cluster [i.e. Group, Scenes, Level Control, On/Off cluster, etc.] on router side? 

Regards,

Bhautik

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @bhautik_ruparel,

In this case, the router will be sent the packet to the coordinator, if the destination address is the coordinator, but you are right the router doesn't need any cluster for this.

Regards,

Mario

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @bhautik_ruparel,

In this case, the router will be sent the packet to the coordinator, if the destination address is the coordinator, but you are right the router doesn't need any cluster for this.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @bhautik_ruparel,

In this case, if you do not add this cluster functionality, the router can not respond and support some commands that the coordinator could request. It will depend on your application

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos
bhautik_ruparel
Contributor II

Hello @mario_castaneda 

Thanks for your response.

As per our application I have configure router [Dimmable Light] as a range extender and also just routing the packet from end device to coordinator and vice versa. 

So In this condition no need to require to add or configure cluster. Is that my understanding right?

Regards,

Bhautik 

0 Kudos