cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input interrupt in KW41Z with wireless_examples_thread_router_eligible_device

diegocomin
Contributor IV

Hi,

I want to make at the Coap application from the example wireless_examples_thread_router_eligible_device an custom application. I need to send my luxometer value through Coap when an input interrupt comes in PTA17.

I see on the example that there is a sw2 button event. When I push sw2 from my board I cand send its temperature. Can I change the sw2 input to PTA17 input. I mean can I associate my PTA17 input to the sw2 event? How do I solve this?

The extract of the code I want to change is the following:

pastedImage_1.png

I need to associate the "gKBD_EventPB2_c" to the PTA17 input event.

Best regards,

Diego Comin

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

diegocomin
Contributor IV

Hello Estephania,

I was in holidays during these days so that I could not reply your message. To recycle a keyboard event report I changed the switch SW2 pin PTC5 to my PTA17.

pastedImage_1.png

I thought I could use the event "gKBD_EventPB2_c"  attached to the previous switch pin SW2 PTC5 (now attached to my PTA17), but when I trigger PTA17 input the module resets. 

pastedImage_2.png

What could be the problem? If it is not possible to replace the switch pin to any custom pin, could you show me an example how to create a new event to report as it is done in Keyboard.c file with my PTA17?

Thanks in advance,

Diego Comin

0 Kudos

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please make sure the Port A clock is enabled and the pin is configured as GPIO.

Add these in the BOARD_InitButtons() function.

CLOCK_EnableClock(kCLOCK_PortA);

PORT_SetPinMux(PORTA, 17, kPORT_MuxAsGpio);          /* PORTA17 is configured as PTA17 */

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

You will need to configure the PTA17 as an input as it is done for the other buttons, you can check the switchPins[] struct with the configuration on how it is done for the switches on the gpio_pins.c file. 

Also, you can create you own event to report as it is done in the Keyboard.c / .h  files.

To send the CoAP message, you can use the temperature callback as a guide and here is another explanation of CoAP that might help you Kinetis W: [Thread] CoAP basics and hands on 

Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos