cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initiate multiple BLE connections using QN9080

emilien_wingert
Contributor I

Hello,

I am currently trying to connect to multiple known BLE Devices with my QN9080 running the FSCI Black Box (UART). We would like to avoid scanning for already known devices and connect them directly if they are on.

I tried saving my devices' addresses in the QN9080's whitelist then sending a single GAP Connect command with the Filter Policy flag. I'm getting an HCI error (Command 0x200D disallowed) and only one of the two devices saved in my whitelist is connected (even though both are on).

Am I missing something with the Whitelist ?

Regards,

Emilien.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Which API are you using to add the devices to your white list ? How are you confirming that your both addresses are already on the whitelist ? Are both of the addresses static ? are you using some kind of bonding as well or just the whitelisting ?

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

emilien_wingert
Contributor I

Hello

I'm only sending GAPAddDeviceToWhitelist fsci commands to the QN9080 with the addresses of my BLE devices.

As for confirming that they are really added, I ran a whitelist scan and both showed up. Indeed, for my tests, the addresses are static. I am not using any bonding neither.

My initial purpose was to avoid scanning whitelisted devices, but this is the solution I'm using now.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can try verifying that you have the maximum connection set i more than 1 ?

/*! Number of maximum connections supported at application level. Do not modify this
    directly. Redefine it in app_preinclude.h if the application supports multiple
    connections */
#ifndef gAppMaxConnections_c
#define gAppMaxConnections_c     1
#endif

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

emilien_wingert
Contributor I

Hello,

This macro is already set to 8 in my project.

Regards,

Emilien

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you please share with me the list of commands you are sending ? In the order you are using as well, this  it's for me to identify the complete process you are following.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos