Inconsistent programming via OpenSDA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent programming via OpenSDA

ignisuti_
Contributor IV

I've come up to speed on the OpenSDA with the Tower and Freedom boards, but I'm still have issues.

I have the TWR-KW21D256 and have loaded the following:

MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.05

Bootloader Version is: 1.11

Installed Application: PEMicro TWR-MKW21D256 Mass Storage/Debug App

Application Version is: 1.14

Problem is that the MSD programming option rejected my .bin file (blinks 8 times rapidly) and now the reset button is dimmly lit. No matter what I do, I can't get the reset button to turn off. I won't be able to program at all as long as the reset LED is active, right? How do I get out of this state?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ignisuti_
Contributor IV

So, maybe lets start by answering this question...

Is it normal operation for the Amber/Orange LED to be lit dimly? NOTE: If I press the reset button, that LED goes to full brightness.

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Joe,

Please notice the MSD application does not work with *.bin files but only SREC format. Please try re-loading the bootloader and MSD application and try again with a SREC file. There is a video showing how to load the OpenSDA in case you are not familiar with the process.

Link: https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-102700

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

ignisuti_
Contributor IV

Angel,

According to several of the OpenSDA User Guides, BIN files are allowed. I've tried SREC and have the same results.

However, that video did point me towards some pre-compiled .srec files that appear to work.

So, I think I have what I need at the moment. Thanks.

0 Kudos