Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOTZTB-DK006 using the JN5189T read/write issues

Jump to solution
dvbgd
Contributor II

Hello,

I am tring to setup the IOTZTB-DK006 dev kit using the JN5189T processor. After folowing the first page of the startup guide I have run into a issue; I cannot read or write to/from the board. I have installed and re-installed the drivers and made sure to use to correct port, but when using ZGWUI.exe I receive nothing and using a terminal I get the message "COM8: Error opening connection: Read error".  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dvbgd
Contributor II

To solve Error opening connection: Read error on DK6programmer;

Find the COM port connected to your board using:

dk6programmer.exe -l

Next clean the flash memory using:

DK6Programmer.exe -V 5 -P 1000000 -s <COM_PORT> -e Flash

Now you should no longer get the message. Although this process may have to be repeated. If this doesn't work switch the FTDI/LPC USB connection and try again. Make sure that whenever you switch the USB input to also move the jumpers on JP7 and JP4 to the corresponding pins (marked on the board or see below for further details).

To solve debugging and flashing errors use this board setup;

Move the jumper on JP7 and JP4 (located next to the FTDI USB port) from pins 2-3 to 1-2 and use the LPC USB connector (closest to the reset button). This will enable you to use MCUXpresso for debugging and flashing using the GUI Flash Tool. 

To solve the second issue of "Target not found" on debugging using MCUXpresso; 

Go to Debug Configurations-> YOUR_PROJECT -> LinkServer Debugger (1), then find the Connect Script file explorer under Debug Connection. This needs to be pointing to QN9090Connect.scp to work. 

I would also suggest reading this GitHub repo https://github.com/openthread/ot-nxp/blob/main/src/k32w0/jn5189/README.md 

(1) if you cannot see your project exit Debug Configurations. Select your project in the Project Explorer tab, then go to Debug Configurations and click New Launch Configuration.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Let me confirm firstly. Do you install the tool chain like python and others?

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
dvbgd
Contributor II

Hello,

I had the board working with the other processor but once I switched to the JN5189 I got the aforementioned errors. Also, the green led on the controller board no longer lights up when plugged in.

Cheers

0 Kudos
dvbgd
Contributor II

To solve Error opening connection: Read error on DK6programmer;

Find the COM port connected to your board using:

dk6programmer.exe -l

Next clean the flash memory using:

DK6Programmer.exe -V 5 -P 1000000 -s <COM_PORT> -e Flash

Now you should no longer get the message. Although this process may have to be repeated. If this doesn't work switch the FTDI/LPC USB connection and try again. Make sure that whenever you switch the USB input to also move the jumpers on JP7 and JP4 to the corresponding pins (marked on the board or see below for further details).

To solve debugging and flashing errors use this board setup;

Move the jumper on JP7 and JP4 (located next to the FTDI USB port) from pins 2-3 to 1-2 and use the LPC USB connector (closest to the reset button). This will enable you to use MCUXpresso for debugging and flashing using the GUI Flash Tool. 

To solve the second issue of "Target not found" on debugging using MCUXpresso; 

Go to Debug Configurations-> YOUR_PROJECT -> LinkServer Debugger (1), then find the Connect Script file explorer under Debug Connection. This needs to be pointing to QN9090Connect.scp to work. 

I would also suggest reading this GitHub repo https://github.com/openthread/ot-nxp/blob/main/src/k32w0/jn5189/README.md 

(1) if you cannot see your project exit Debug Configurations. Select your project in the Project Explorer tab, then go to Debug Configurations and click New Launch Configuration.

0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Which chips you work is correct?

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
dvbgd
Contributor II

Hello,

Not entirely sure what you meant, but with the k32w061 I could send and receive once I switched to the JN5189 I could no longer do so. I have tried each of the three boards and they all have the same issue. Is there different firmware that needs to be flashed to the board so that the JN5189 can be used? But I am unsure whey the power led on the controller board no longer lights up as well. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

That seems strange. Can you download the program normally for JN5189?

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
dvbgd
Contributor II

Hello,

I can build and debug on MCUexpresso but cannot download and run the program. I get the error "Launching Project_Name has encountered a problem, error starting process". 

0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Do you try to use the FTDI USB to download the program for JN?

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
dvbgd
Contributor II

yes

0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The chip may be broken. Do you have other JN to test?

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos