Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE and Debugger options for QN9083

Jump to solution
pavan252
Contributor II

Hi

I am using QN9083 BLE controller for my application. I have below queries related to IDE and Debugger. I received my QN908x-DK eval board but i want to program through external debugger.

1. As per the information available in this forum, i came to know that there are multiple IDEs like MCUXpresso, IAR, Keil, SEGGER Embedded Studio etc. and multiple debuggers like J-Link and PE Micro Multilink. Can i use MCUXpresso IDE with PE Micro Multilink debugger? Is there any document available in NXP website about available IDEs and Debuggers for QN908x devices?

2. I want to use SWD for debugging purpose. So in my PCB i am connecting only SWDIO and SWDCLK to the JTAG connector. Trace pins and SWO are not required for debug purpose so i am using as normal GPIO. Please correct me if i am wrong?

3. When i am using SWD, the application will be directly copied in internal Flash i.e Fast boot mode so no need of ISP. But if i wish to use ISP option then do I need to use LPC4322 in my PCB also? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

1 Our lpc-link can used for debugger. You can search it in our website.

2 QN908x has rom bootloader. GPIOB2 is used for select chip mode. When you select isp mode, rom bootloader will start, then you can use uart or spi to flash. You can refer the reference manual. 

3.PNG

4.PNG

3 You can refer this link. https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN12190.pdf

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

1 all is OK.

2 If you do not use the pin, you can configure it as GPIO.

3 No, you needn't. When you use isp, you can use uart or spi to program.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

pavan252
Contributor II

Dear NXP team,

Thanks for your reply.

1. As there are multiple debuggers,please suggest list of debuggers(at least one or two) with part numbers approved for QN908x family? 

2. Regarding ISP, uart or spi will be in receive/slave mode during isp programming and we can't program them through debugger. So, do i need to use another master controller for this purpose which will send the application image after power-on or is there any PC application for ISP programming?

3. Can you provide schematic reference for touch electrode to be connected to touch controller in QN908x? This i didn't find in any of the user manuals or eval board schematics. I found touch electrode layout guidelines but not schematic reference circuit. Please let me know if i missed any thing.

Please support to freeze my schematic .

Regards

Pavan.

0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

1 Our lpc-link can used for debugger. You can search it in our website.

2 QN908x has rom bootloader. GPIOB2 is used for select chip mode. When you select isp mode, rom bootloader will start, then you can use uart or spi to flash. You can refer the reference manual. 

3.PNG

4.PNG

3 You can refer this link. https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN12190.pdf

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos