Hybrid BLE/Thread Low Power End Device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid BLE/Thread Low Power End Device

sund-aci
Contributor II

What's the best way to implement a Hybrid BLE/Thread Low Power End Device.  It seems that it would be easier to modify the Hybrid BLE/Thread router to add sleep states, but I am not familiar with what is "under the hood" to make this change.  I already attempted to simply modify the config.h pre-include file for the Router example with changes and new defines from the low-power example config.h.  I was hoping this would switch Thread Modes, but it doesn't build.

Labels (3)
2 Replies

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Matthew,

I believe this functionality is possible but it has not been tested. The best way to try to achieve this is to compare the Thread projects between a Router Eligible End Device and a Low Power End Device and implement the changes into the hybrid app.

Regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos

sund-aci
Contributor II

OK,  looks like I'm on the right track at least.

I've finally had success building the project at least.  There were a large number of undefined symbol errors popping up.   For anyone else trying to accomplish this, the end device libraries for thread and 802.15.4 are different for the two projects.  Copy the 801.15.4_mac_thrrfd_cm0 and _thread_ed_cm0 libraries from the low power end device project into the libs directory of the hybrid project and change the included libraries to match the new library file names in the project settings C/C++ Build -> Settings -> MCU Linker ->Libraries.