How to use more than one application of IOT toolbox in one code?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use more than one application of IOT toolbox in one code?

chintan
Contributor III

Hello,

I am new in development with NXP KW36 module. My requirement is to create one project which have below functionalities:

1. wireless uart

2. Over the air programming for upgrade image.

I have go through the example codes of Wireless uart and OTAP, to know the how codes work.

I have tested both codes with NXP IOT application, and they are working fine individually.

I am using NXP IOT application. As each example has different UUID, I can see the module in that specific demo in NXP IOT application. So, when I upload the image file of wireless uart project via OTAP, in IOT application it will show only in the Wireless uart demo. I will not able to see my module into OTAP demo.

What changes I have to do in my project, so I can see my advertising KW36 module in both Wireless uart and OTAP demo of IOT application?

Can I add both UUID128 of wiress uart and OTAP, in one file?

How can I merge two applications' code into one project?

The reason of doing this as I want to upload my project via OTAP again after making changes into it.

Kindly guide as I am stuck in my project and it's urgent.

Information:

Example code: frdmkw36_wireless_examples_bluetooth_w_uart_bm

Development module: FRDM KW36

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chintan,

Currently, we do not have any document that describes the process to merge the OTA service profile with a Peripheral device.

However, please look at the Over the Air Programming (OTAP), Bluetooth® Low Energy Application Developer’s Guide for a better reference.

Be aware, if the memory offset that the OTA requires depending on the bootloader.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

chintan
Contributor III

Hello Mario,

Thanks for your reply. 

As you know that I have also generated ticket regarding this issue and you replied on it. I also revert back on your feedback, but didn't get any feedback from you or NXP tech support. It might be possible that my reply mail is not reach to you due to external email. So, I am writing here.

Explanation of Problem:

I am integrating the Wireless UART and OTAP project code. I have used OTAP example code and add all required functions of Wireless UART to OTAP code. I am successfully able to send the serial data from NXP IOT application to KW36 module with this code. But not able to send serial data from KW36 module to NXP IOT application.

So, for this I have added the "lib_ble_5-0_host_cm0p.a" library file in to my code. And I got success to send and receive data from both side. It means, I am able to send serial data from KW36 module to NXP IOT application and vice versa.

But, after adding the "lib_ble_5-0_host_cm0p.a" library file, I am not able to update my firmware via OTAP. If I remove this library file from project, then able to update my firmware via OTAP. So, for this I need support from your/NXP side.

Questions:

1. Can you provide me the combine library file which supports both OTAP and Wireless UART functionality?

So, I can use it into my code.

OR

2. If possible, Can you provide me the source code for the all library files with its explanation document?

So, I can develop it as per my requirement.

Kindly help ASAP, because I am stuck in my project and I have to complete it in time.

Ticket Information:

• Project: Active Exhaust Module
  • Case: 00260249
  • Date Opened: 2/14/2020
  • Subject: How to get the serial data from KW36 module to IOT application?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chintan,

I am working on it and I will get back to you in the case.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos