How to use JN5169 flash on chip

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use JN5169 flash on chip

Contributor II

Hello, I now want to use 512Kb of JN5169 on-chip flash memory. I have read the API function of flash memory, but it is not clear how to use this on-chip flash memory.This is mainly about the address parameters of the API function, do not know how to write.Can you share a routine or give some guidance?For example, I want to write data to the seventh sector of flash on the JN5169 slice. What is a complete operation flow?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I hope you're doing well!

There's two chapters in the JN516x Integrated Peripherals API Guide that might be useful to better understand the way the Flash Memory API works.

• Chapter 16 has a description of the different components of the Flash Memory API, with some important notes related to the use of internal or external flash memory.

• Chapter 32 describes the functions for writing, reading and erasing flash memory sectors.

Could you please take a look at those sections of the document?

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Thank you very much for your reply.I have read both chapters, but I don't know how to keep the Numbers and addresses of sectors consistent.For example, when I erase the 15th sector, is the address 0x000f8000--0x00100000?Can you share a routine, step one, to read data from Flash into RAM?Second, erase sector 15 in Flash.Third, write the data to Flash.The fourth step is to read the data that was written to Flash.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The address value that is sent as a parameter is not an absolute address, it must be sent as an offset to the staring address of the flash memory region.

The absolute address is calculated in the function itself, so the parameter sent would have to just be the address and size of the section of memory that's going to be read.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos