How to transmit unmodulated signal for QN9021? What tools should be use?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

How to transmit unmodulated signal for QN9021? What tools should be use?

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,140件の閲覧回数
plantze
Contributor II

Hello Good day,

We are doing our FCC test but having no success in doing "unmodulated signal transmission" on our DUTs? We are trying to check if we have spurious/harmonics signal. Could you please instruct us on what tools to be used and what binary files to be flash on DUT units?

Thank you

0 件の賞賛
1 解決策
1,135件の閲覧回数
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @plantze,

I hope you are doing great.

I am not sure if you are working with the FCC example that we provide in the SDK. You could find that generates the modulated or not modulated signal.

C:\NXP\QN902x_SDK_1.4.0\Projects\BLE

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mario

元の投稿で解決策を見る

3 返答(返信)
1,126件の閲覧回数
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @plantze,

You are right, you are working with the correct example for the PER test, the controller.bin

Controller Mode In the Controller Mode only the link layer runs on the QN902x. The host protocol, profiles and application all run on the external microcontroller or PC. These two components communicate via HCI. Generally, this mode is not used in the product design except for the product testing. So, this example it is just for reference and doesn't provide that the device will get the certification.

I ran some test by my side and I used

• QN9020 Controller.bin (DUT)
  • KW41 HCI BlackBox (Tester)

Note: QN9020 can not take the tester role.

Please look at the image below, and look at the steps that I did to set the PER Test.

Serial Port.png

El KW41 has a baud rate of 115200

El QN9020 has a baud rate of 9600.

Then, you have to set the DUT and the Tester device.

QN9020_PER_Test.png

QN9020_PER_Test_2.png

Note: You have to press the reset button in the QN9020 Dev kit.

What is the Test tool Version that you have installed?

Regards,

Mario

0 件の賞賛
1,130件の閲覧回数
plantze
Contributor II

Hello Mario,

Thank you for your immediate response. We've manage to make a DUT good for FCC/CE test. 

We have another concern regarding Test Tool 12, Is it usable for QN9021?

We have tried flashing our DUTs with controller.bin and used the Test Tool 12 to do DTM PHY PER at Bluetooth LE HCI tab and Board type set to KW41Z, we were not able to make it work? Can you advise us what to do?

0 件の賞賛
1,136件の閲覧回数
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @plantze,

I hope you are doing great.

I am not sure if you are working with the FCC example that we provide in the SDK. You could find that generates the modulated or not modulated signal.

C:\NXP\QN902x_SDK_1.4.0\Projects\BLE

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mario