How to set the transmit power in JN5169-001-M06

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the transmit power in JN5169-001-M06

Contributor II

I am using JN-AN-1184, but when I put the routing device or terminal device to 5 meters away, the device is unstable and will be dropped. I saw a lot of posts about the launch power on the Internet, but they have not been resolved.
I wrote it in the vAppMain function on all devices.
     /* Define HIGH_POWER_ENABLE to enable high power module */
     #ifdef HIGH_POWER_ENABLE
vAppApiSetComplianceLimits(0, -10, 81);
vAHI_HighPowerModuleEnable(TRUE, TRUE);
     #endif
No effect!
And I read a lot of information about the maximum output power of the JN5169 is 10dBm, I want to know what is the default of my device? And I also follow the way on the post is used vAppApiSetComplianceLimits, no effect, what else do I need to pay attention to? There is also how vAppApiSetComplianceLimits is used to calculate power. What is the transmission distance of their pairing?

For example, how can I set 9dBm, how much transmission distance does it correspond to under ideal conditions?

Really need your help, thank you mario_castanedadheerajsawant@

0 Kudos
15 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I hope you’re doing well!

Could you please take a look at this other thread? You seem to be having a similar issue, could you please try following the document that was attached to the answer?

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hi,Sorry, I have read these posts. But still can't

pastedImage_1.png

The problem I mentioned above still exists. I don't know if JN-AN-1184 is really a problem or a problem with my hardware. Can you tell me a really good code? That is to say, the code must be no problem. If this is not the case, it should be the problem of my hardware module.

This code is as follows:

#ifdef HIGH_POWER_ENABLE
vAppApiSetComplianceLimits(0, -10, 81);
#endif

Most of the posts are mainly about JN5168, mine is JN5169-M06

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sebastian

Hi,

I tried it on my side and was able to build successfully.

pastedImage_1.png

Could you please let me know which SDK are you using? Did you make any other changes to your project or the makefile?

Where is your project located in your filesystem? Could you perform a clean of the project and try building again?

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hi Sebastian,

I can compile successfully like you.

pastedImage_1.png

I am using JN-SW-4168 ZigBee-HA-LL v1620.exe

Added CFLAGS += -DHIGH_POWER_ENABLE=1 to the Makefile

But it doesn't help. Will you join the same problem with JN-AN-1184?

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I'm sorry, but I believe i misunderstood what your problem is, if you are able to compile successfully, could you please let me know what's the issue that you're having?

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Actually, I can compile. But still no effect, communication distance is still five or six meters, once the distance becomes longer, the routing equipment will drop.

-Original-

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Transmission range could be affected by factors like physical obstructions, electromagnetic interference, the transmission medium itself. Could you please try clearing possible physical obstructions or testing in a more open environment? Also, changing the network's channel to a less crowded one could help with communication distance. If you have WiFi or Bluetooth devices nearby, they could also be causing some interference.

Could you please try doing that?

Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor II

1 As you said, I changed a lot, but still can't change anything? I want to know vAppApiSetComplianceLimits(0, -10, 81);
How to adjust the send power to the maximum, using vAppApiSetComplianceLimits interface, such as 10Dbm, or 6dbm, how to set the parameters.
2 I even used two antenna modules, which is still useless. It should be seen that it should not be a hardware problem.
I want to know SW-SDK-4168. Is it defective? Or is JN-AN-1184 having a huge flaw?
I hope you can help me, or you can test it. See if it is a software problem. I have no choice now, this problem has puzzled me for a long time. Thank you for your help mario_castaneda

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

To set transmission power on a JN516x device, you can use the eAppApiPlmeSet function provided in the AppApi.h header file.

You can read about this function in section 2.2.1 of the JN516x Integrated Peripherals API Guide. It states that, for JN5169 devices, there's 26 levels of Tx power from -32 to 10 dBm.

You can see an example on how to call the function in JN-AN-1216, in the app_ahi_commands.c source file, in the vAPP_AHISetTxPower function.

Could you please try that?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Another point is that when I use the SDK4170 JN-AN-1229, the transmission distance can reach 30 meters. However, when using the SDK4168 JN-AN-1184, the transmission distance is only within 10 meters. I want to ask, is it a problem with the SDK?

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Could you please try performing a test using a spectrum analyzer and JN-AN-1172? With this application note it'll be easier to tell if the transmission range is being configured correctly and if your module is transmitting as intended.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your guidance, but I used the method you taught me, or not, and it will crash and restart, I can't seem to use it.

#ifdef HIGH_POWER_ENABLE
DBG_vPrintf(TRACE_APP, "HIGH_POWER_ENABLE\n");
//vAHI_HighPowerModuleEnable(TRUE, TRUE);
eAppApiPlmeSet(PHY_PIB_ATTR_TX_POWER, (uint32)10);
#endif

Can you give it a try? Then give me some advice, I am using JN-AN-1184.

0 Kudos

Contributor II

still have a problem. I use ZPS_tsNwkNib to judge the online offline of the device. When the device gets 5 meters away, it will go offline and send data errors. Can you tell me whether the data of the device online is also transmitted? Power, what should I do to make his distance longer? The distance now affects normal use.

0 Kudos

Contributor II

I have not joined yet. APPSRC += AHI_ModuleConfiguration.c  

pastedImage_1.png

Is the SDK 4168 unusable?

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hi Mraio mario_castaneda

I really need your help now.I hope you can give me some help, thank you.

Now I test the sending process, there is roughly 16ma current

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos