cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement the Zigbee Stack in a C programme

msuhaibs
Contributor II

Hi all,

We have a C programme running that can return a value from one of the ADC inputs on the JN5169 microcontroller. Output form the chip is displayed to the terminal of the Beyond Studio’s IDE.

We now need to implement the “Zigbee Stack” in the programme so that when it is loaded on to the chip as a binary file, it can be used to communicate wirelessly.

How can this be done? I am struggling to decipher from the literature provided.

Regards,

Suhaib

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Suhaib, I hope you're doing well!

To get started with Zigbee 3.0 stack development, I would recommend you read this document right here, it details the basic concepts of the stack, and it also contains more important information related to Zigbee PRO APIs.

You can find more information, examples, and other related documentation about Zigbee 3.0 in this page right here.

Please, feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

msuhaibs
Contributor II

Hey Sebastian, 

I have read through the manual but am still struggling to find information regarding what "lines of code" and libraries I need to include in my C programme to be able to communicate via the Zigbee Protocol. 

Could further you point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Suhaib, I hope you're doing well!

For further information on how to implement the Zigbee Stack, I would recommend you read this other guide for setting up devices, as well as checking some of our application notes and examples, located on our Zigbee 3.0 website, here. The base device example (JN-AN-1217) and some of the lighting examples (JN-AN-1218) may be useful to get an idea of how to implement it.

I hope this points you in the right direction, if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask them.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos