How to implement otap server into android app?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement otap server into android app?

mangramarco
Contributor III

Hello, i need to develop a android app able to send new firmware to otap client device. There is a documentation? my device has kw41z mcu and it works with iot toolbox.
Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies

mangramarco
Contributor III

hello, thank you for the reply.

i read the Bluetooth Low Energy application developer guide and i not found any section for android implementation. Furthermore not all informations are clear. For example, i don't understand the correlation between srec records and image file format: S0 record contains the name of file and S2 records tlv byte not correspond in my srec files. I can't find the information displayed into iot toolbox Like "File  name" or "File version". Why file version is hex value?

Screenshot_2021-09-15-12-39-21-49_f80120ae6db814e228d2c144b4a575a9[1].jpg

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The document describe the OTAP protocol. You need this to develop your APP. Of course, it doesn't have the description about how to develop APP.  

You can also refer this article. This article tells you about the OAT header. The file name and file version is included in OTA header. When you use iot tool box, if your image doesn't have the OTA header, the iot toolbox will add this for you. If you want to set the ota header by yourself. You can use the test tool.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

mangramarco
Contributor III

if your image doesn't have the OTA header, the iot toolbox will add this for you

thank you!!!

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please download the kw36 sdk. It has many useful document about the ble development.

In directory 'docs\wireless\Bluetooth', the 'Bluetooth Low Energy Application Developer Guide' introduce the otap. You can also refer this link 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos