cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to factory reset the QN9080SIP-DK board

mohamedaslam_m
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using NXP QN9080SIP-DK board and I was able to flash this example for NFC tag update from this link https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note-software/AN12319SW.zip and it was working fine and even I was able to update the NFC tag. Then I  integrated NFC related code to a qn9080 heart rate sensor example and i2c write was failing to write on to the NFC tag. so I re-flash the working NFC example on the board, even in that case now I was not able to update the NFC tag.

it seems like i2c write is returning an error.  how to factory reset the complete board.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You will need to load one of the available examples? Are you able to flash it and debug it ?

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

mohamedaslam_m
Contributor II

Hi Estephania,

Yes, I loaded the default example code for NFC tag. and it's not updating the NFC tag.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

If you try reading the tag from either the mobile application  NXP Tag Writer or NXP Tag Info, do you get any information?

So, I'm not sure , you are trying to erase the tag or do you want to flash another example?

If you are trying to erase the tag and start over with that, could you please try using the mobile applications to do so ?

Regards

0 Kudos

mohamedaslam_m
Contributor II

Hello,

if I try to read any data from the NXP tag its auto opens the IOT toolbox NFC option in the app, Read Device Name is not giving any positive result. But I have one more same development board there the same firmware is able to update the NFS tag.

On the not working development board, the i2c write is failing to write on the NFC module, I guess there is an issue happened with one of the development board.

Regards

Aslam

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

What do you mean with NFS tag ?

When writhing with the I2C interface, are you sure you are using the NDEF format ? Maybe you lock or protect the tag , do you have any error when trying to write ?

Regard,s

Estephania

0 Kudos

mohamedaslam_m
Contributor II

Hi,

I meant NFC tag is an NFC device.

Yes, the format is in NDEF format.

while writing NFC_WriteBytes() it's returning an error , that is NDEF_RW_ERR_WRITE.

As I mentioned in the previous post with second QN Development board the NFC_WriteBytes() is returned with success.

Regards

Aslam

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

But which it's the response you are getting with the error ? What it's the error about ?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

mohamedaslam_m
Contributor II

Hello,

The error I am getting is NTAG_ERROR_TX_FAILED during sending the byte using this function HAL_I2C_SendBytes().

Regards

Aslam

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It seems that you locked your device somehow in one of the tests,  the only thing I can think of it's try to load the example again  (without any modification) making sure that the tag it's erased.

If this does not work, you can enter a warranty of your device.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

mohamedaslam_m
Contributor II

Hello,

Even I flashed the default example on the device, but the same error keeps on raising.

Does no other way to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately, you can verify this as you have one board that works and one that does not.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

mohamedaslam_m
Contributor II

Hello,

Okay, I will keep developing on the working board. Thanks for your reliable support

Regards

Aslam

0 Kudos